PDA

View Full Version : Need deal on Calico critters house - preferably

missprettychemist
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
the townhome, cloverleaf manor, or deluxe village house. Also which of these is best? Thanks!

sidmand
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I bought the treehouse with a 30% off coupon for the holidays (Barnes and Noble) but it doesn't get a lot of love. The one DD loves the best that she got from her Grandmother for the holidays is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Calico-Critters-CC9900-Carry-Case/dp/B00009VE0D

Much less expensive that any of the houses and really great for carrying them around. If I had seen that first I may not have bothered with the treehouse! It is a little house inside and it's also a carrying case with drawers. It really is very clever and a good (albeit big) travel toy.

I haven't seen (or looked) lately but I've often seen the houses for 1/2 off or B1 Calico Critters get 1 half off at Amazon.

Seitvonzu
07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
we have the manor-- it was a generous christmas/birthday combo thing (with 9 rooms of furniture and a family...yeah, SPOILED) from the inlaws. i'll say-- it's *adorable* it's HUGE (it takes up more than a lack table from ikea if you open it-- we have to angle it just so), but from my child (she's 4.5) it has gotten daily play for at least the last year if not a year and a half.

my daughter played with the townhouse at a local toy store EVERYTIME we'd pop in. she just loved it. she still loves the townhouse, and i actually picked one up at b&n on black friday last year because i had a 50% off coupon (plus i'm a member, i think it ended up being 44 dollars with tax?))

amazon does have some good sales if you can't wait for a barnes and noble coupon... i recently got the baby playhouse windmill thingy for 1/2 off on amazon (also some furniture/some families/some play sets...but i don't remember the houses being on sale-- of course, we already have 2 so they aren't on my radar)

whatever house you get-- LESS IS MORE in terms of furniture. we have so much of that...and really we play with about half of it at a time. or it's decorating a shelf. or another structure or the floor. it's just hard to fit a full house of furniture in any of the calico houses i think... maybe if kids are older?

the immediate favorites for my daughter are -- THE CAR (we have the green one, but the red one at toys r' us seems just as good to me) and anytime i give her BABIES she LOVES the babies. they work with some of our playmobil (most notably the sleighride christmas ride) and they are just superduper fun. you didn't ask about that stuff, but i thought i'd chime in that while the structures are fun, the figures and extras seem to be the most popular things that get more universal love (and are cheaper)

we love calico critters at our house :) can you tell? i also have the camper waiting for any excuse... hrm...who loves these, mommy or lucy? ;)

katydid1971
07-12-2012, 11:25 PM
I saw the town house with furniture at TRU today for $99. The town house by itself is usually $90 so this is a good deal. The price doesn't seem to be online.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11842723

Seitvonzu
07-13-2012, 02:55 PM
toys r us currently is running "b1, g1 50% off"-- if you plan that right it could end up being 25% off each thing...but it doesn't work so well for the bigger things, since you probably don't want two houses.

there is a coupon out for b&n (they carry the townhouse), but it's variable...so you could get 50% , you could get 15%