PDA

View Full Version : Toys for a 2 year old who loves animals?

KpbS
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Any suggestions? I'm looking for a birthday present for a little girl turning 2.

BabyBearsMom
07-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Little People has some zoo sets that are really nice. My DD1 loves her subscriptions to Zoobies and National Geographic Kids. She loves to look at the animals and is thrilled to get some mail just for her.

DietCokeLover
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Noah's Ark from Little People

Animal puppet

Vet kit with a stuffed animal

Seitvonzu
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
i'm a big fan of "b toys"-- sold at target
this clinic is so cute! if we didn't already have a dr. kit and tons of toys...we'd have this: (i bought it for my neice last christmas):

http://justb-byou.com/toys/caring/critter-clinic/

baileygirl
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Lego also makes animal Duplos in various price ranges.

acmom
07-11-2012, 10:48 PM
"Animal Baby" magazine is a nice first magazine for that age group. DD got it and now DS gets it - both have liked it and it is a great travel item. I have given it as a gift several times to 2 year olds - all enjoyed it as well.

My DS who is 2 and loves animals has one of the zoo Duplo sets that PP mentioned and really likes that too.

Another idea might be some nice picture books that include animals - there are lots of good ones! "Kiss Kiss", "Tails", "Heads", "Panda Bear, Panda Bear" (or some of the other Eric Carle books) are a few animal favorites around here.

mikala
07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
The animal Toob sets are also great if she is past the small pieces danger stage.