PDA

View Full Version : Booster in a bar stool?

ExcitedMamma
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
DS is outgrowing his FP Rainforest High Chair. The seatbelt is almost as loose as it can go around his waist an he's always complaining that the crotch strap hurts. The problem is that we always eat in the kitchen, with me in a bar stool up against the counter, because there is a wall between between the kitchen and dining room where the actual table is. We have the FP Healthy Care booster (I think thats the name, its the simple portable high chair seat) which we've used with the dining room table in a dining chair but it's a pain to walk back and forth to the kitchen all the time and he hates when I'm out of sight, plus he's very prone to cause trouble when I'm out of sight (like pour out his food and drink).

Is it safe to use the portable FP booster in a bar stool? Not sure if that's a good idea. The bar stools are from Costco and they are made out of iron so there can be some wobble. What do you think? If it doesn't sound like a safe option what do you recommend?

rin
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
That sounds super unsafe to me, both for tipping reasons and also I'm pretty sure boosters have to be on seats w/backs to ensure a secure attachment. Even so, I would be extremely concerned about tipping; my DD loves to bounce in her chair when she's done with her food, and I suspect she would easily tip over in a bar stool.

I'd look into a Tripp Trapp/Keekaroo/similar seat. DD1 is 26 months right now, 99% for height, and is very happy in her Keekaroo. I don't see her moving out of it for years. If you need even more height, you could also always try putting on of those onto a Kaboost?

ExcitedMamma
07-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry I should have said that it is a bar stool with a full back so the booster would tie on. It will wobble but I'm not sure it could actually tip over but for those reasons haven't tried it yet. Would that change anything?

Never heard if those names so I'll go check them out, thanks!

belovedgandp
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I put our same portable booster seat on a counter/bar height chair with a back at Grandma's house. As long as you can strap it in securely you should be fine. If you have a bigger kid that starts jumping in the seat or rocking back and forth I could see how there would be a risk of a higher chair tipping over easier than a table height chair. So it would depend on the kid and the integrity of the chair.

sunshine873
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I had the FP Healthy Deluxe booster & would move it back & forth between our dining chairs, counter-height table & bar-height table. It did really well at the counter height. The bar stools themselves were fine too, up until DD started pushing off from the table with her feet. She did tip herself backwards once, but she was up against the wall & got stopped by that.