PDA

View Full Version : M&D Shopping Cart - what age?

kristenk
07-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Does anyone have the Melissa & Doug Shopping Cart (http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-4071-Shopping-Cart/dp/B000VO3GPG)? Amazon shows 3yo+ as the recommended age. Do you think it would be an appropriate gift for a 2nd birthday?

I'm thinking of purchasing it for my niece for her bday in January b/c I found a good deal on one. If it wouldn't be appropriate for a 2yo, though, I won't even bother asking SIL about it. My niece is 1.5yo right now and she spent quite a bit of time one day pushing a doll in DD's American Girl wheelchair. Because of that, I was thinking that the shopping cart might be a good gift.

Thoughts? Do I just need to pass on my deal and come up with something else?

LMPC
07-11-2012, 09:12 PM
DD's had hers since her birthday at 2. I think it's a great age. She's pushing 4 and it still gets weekly play. Great size and very sturdy.

123LuckyMom
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I agree. There's no need to wait until age 3.

katydid1971
07-11-2012, 09:29 PM
DD got it for her 2nd and loved it. Played with it constantly. She had a bag lady stage for awhile where she would load it with very random things and push it around the house. :shrug: She's 4 and still plays with it some but not as much as when she got it. Its one of my favorite of her toys. I'm planning on keeping it for my grandchildren.

kristenk
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Excellent! Thanks, everyone!

I'll check with SIL and plan to snap the shopping cart up tomorrow morning provided no one else gets there first! :)