PDA

View Full Version : The single most important feature is______

Candyshop1999
07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
PUSH. PUSH. PUSH.
I bought a BJCS for the basket and canopy. A Vista/Flite for the beautiful colors. A Mac for the gorgeous liners. A B Ready for the magnetic windows and recline...

But when push (he he) comes to shove....my go-to stroller is my Bob Duallie.
The basket, recline, windows, color scheme are all Blah.
But boy....does that thing push effortlessly....fully loaded!!

LivsMum
07-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I am hoping I can share your enthusiasm in a couple of weeks - when my single arrives. It is replacing a MBUS.

Giantbear
07-11-2012, 10:35 PM
to me, comfortableness for dd. Unless dd is comfortable in the stroller, nothing else really matters.

Candyshop1999
07-11-2012, 10:48 PM
How can u tell? My kids didn't seem uncomfortable in any of my 12 strollers....
Unless they talk. Lol.

Giantbear
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
How can u tell? My kids didn't seem uncomfortable in any of my 12 strollers....
Unless they talk. Lol.i put dd in the city mini and took it for a walk around the store for 15 minutes and observed her disposition. Did the same thing with the high chair. got a lot of strange looks, but she loved both.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I hear ya, I love my Duallie!!! It pushes so easily, sometimes going downhill is hard bc i have to hold on to keep it from running away, LOL!! I am using it almost every day now, and yeah, when you have to lug 50 lbs of kids the push makes a HUGE difference.

crl
07-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Push is very high on my list. :D. And a bob is hard to beat on push (nice big canopy too).

Catherine

hapimommy
07-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Especially with my ds. If I take the wrong stroller with him, then I suffer! Currently addicted to my micralites. So easy to push, indoors and out. Have not had a bob, but with my mbduo, can't justify one!

daniele_ut
07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Dh feels the same way about our MBUJD. I keep thinking about selling it because DD is 4.5 now, but he says I can't sell it until she outgrows it. It pushes SO well, even with a 35lber in one seat and a 14lber in the other.

hollissmama
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
yup push is where it's at. Our MBUD looks a bit older but pushes like a dream, I have 82lbs in it almost always too! We always reach for it over the Indie Twin even though it is so beautiful.

Although comfort is important too, my guy loves the roomy seat on the city mini so we use it often even though I wanted to get a babyhome emotion for the push.

BayGirl2
07-15-2012, 10:40 AM
My kids seem comfortable in any stroller. Except when they were tiny newborns and just seemed uncomfortable anywhere outside my arms, but that doesn't count.

I love push but I'm a features junkie too. If it doesn't have a decent canopy, one handed steering, easy seat recline, and I can walk without kicking it I have to deduct a few points. Push is up there though, probably equal but not above all the other priorities for me.

gatorsmom
07-15-2012, 12:26 PM
yup push is where it's at. Our MBUD looks a bit older but pushes like a dream, I have 82lbs in it almost always too!

:yeahthat: I didn't think anyone had MBUDs anymore! We jsut took our MBUD (from 2005!) to WDW and just about every afternoon we had both the twins and our 6yo in it. It can carry 120lbs and all 3 of them added up to that amount. I could push it one handed and still manuever through those terrible crowds! Still LOVE that stroller!

bisous
07-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I have an MBUD but only one rider. I've decided (based partly on input from you guys) to keep it anyway since it pushes like an absolute dream!

I, too, like features. For years my P3 was my one and only and I really loved it. Until I got my MBUD. Now I'm too spoiled by its luscious push and dread having to take the p3...

Must fix that

hollissmama
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I love my Craigslist find, the MBUD rocks plus it was a steal at $175. It seriously is one handed, and yup I take it shopping with one kid and a stuffed animal sometimes, still pushes amazingly. :) Hoping to just get a freerider and have it be our 3 kid stroller too if we have another.

roseyloxs
07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Adjustable leg rest.

I have a pet peeve about dangling legs. Obviously its a feature no longer needed once a child is 18/24 months but I still like to have it when possible. There are many reasons why I have never owned a BOB or superlite but this is probably the #1 reason.

strollerqueen
07-18-2012, 01:05 AM
They use the terms "Push Snob" and "Push Princess" in Strollerland. Which most of the citizens consider themselves.:bouncy: :boogie: :jammin: :love-retry: It is hard to love a stroller if is hard to steer.

Multimama
07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Fold beats push for me.

scriptkitten
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
push snob right here!

strollerqueen
07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Fold beats push for me.
Ah, so what do you think of the Origami, then? I was playing with the fold yesterday and having all kinds of fun! But WHAT a heavy beast! It's got to be at least 40 pounds. And no basket! And no recline! And no reverse! And it's huge! And its $850! I think it is more of a "guy" stroller, personally.

AnnieW625
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
It is a tie between push, and being able to fold while holding a toddler.

Our Bob Revolution wins the push contest, and the Maclaren Triumph wins the easy to fold contest.

roseyloxs
07-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Fold beats push for me.

:yeahthat: Agreed. Push is probably 3rd or 4th on my list. I want a good push but other things are more important like being about to fit it in the back of my CRV with luggage (hence I own a vibe despite the mediocre push).

Multimama
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Ah, so what do you think of the Origami, then? I was playing with the fold yesterday and having all kinds of fun! But WHAT a heavy beast! It's got to be at least 40 pounds. And no basket! And no recline! And no reverse! And it's huge! And its $850! I think it is more of a "guy" stroller, personally.

Origami is the one that folds itself? Well, when I played with it the fold was so *slow* so that wouldn't work for me. I need to fold it fast and get it on the bus. Personally a stroller that has no storage is a pointless stroller for me too. My stroller is my luggage cart.

I actually thought the Origami was ridiculous. The one I saw kept running out of batteries because it charges itself by being walked around and so it does *not* work as a floor model where you keep demoing the fold without walking it around.