PDA

View Full Version : Jiko or Boma

infomama
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Debating between the two of these. Both have pretty high ratings but some negatives scattered about.

Tinkerbell313
07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I chose both...they are both great restaurants. However, they are two different restaurants.

Jikos is a signature restaurant and IMO, one of the better signature restaurants on property...much quieter and the meals are served to you. They have a great wine selection. While the food is pricey I think its worth it. The food is prepared well. We love the service. The staff is very friendly.

Boma is a buffet. But, the food is prepared well and does not sit around long. I like the variety that they offer. However, unlike some negatives I have read, i don't find the food spicy, nor would I think finicky eaters have a problem.

My children (ages 8 and 6) enjoyed both restaurants.

Seitvonzu
07-13-2012, 11:18 PM
we would have liked to try jiko, but spent to much time at the parks to do so... we did enjoy boma very much. my inlaws are not adventurous eaters, but everyone enjoyed boma's buffet. i loved the soups especially (and the desserts)

infomama
07-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks all. We opted for Sanna at the AK lodge in the end after raking over the menus.