PDA

View Full Version : What Playmobil set is the favorite at your house?

Seitvonzu
07-14-2012, 12:07 PM
So, i'm missing the wedding playmobil frenzy.... we ended up with everything pretty much (except the extra cake... or maybe we got that- i can't remember) :) and we love it all (except i haven't given my child the car yet....) most recently, all our mystery figures (elvis, german guy, japanese kabuki theater girl, cheerleader, mariachi guy, southern belle,etc) could all be found in the chapel having some sort of weird concert/program. they moved into our calico critters manor at some point though, "because of a big storm." the pavillion has been most recently used as a "hotel"

anywho... i've been contemplated finally picking up some of that wonderful egypt collection, you know ...now that it's pretty much gone. i can't get the pyramid anymore, but i can get 5 boxes of egypty goodness for just about 50 dollars :) and i'll get a free doohickey too!

our garden/fountain superset (not the current one, but the one before it) is really popular around here,and of course ANY figure. i also got the take along school, but it's not as popular as i thought it would be (my daughter loves to play school, but for some reason, not with her figures?)

this is rambling... what's up with your playmobil lately? :)

ps-- did anyone get the rock n' roll mystery figures? any chance anyone knows the NUMBERs on the packaging?

KpbS
07-14-2012, 03:12 PM
We've got all the knights and pirates downstairs (as usual) and the DC are always building elaborate castles, pirate islands, etc. with those colorful cardboard blocks and magnatiles. Their creations are unbelievable! And of course all of the police, robbers, rescue people, etc. are upstairs with their helicopters, boats, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. Lots of crimes being committed and bad guys apprehended as you might imagine ;). It' awesome. I :heartbeat: playmobil. Definitely my DC most favorite toy of their childhoods. Well, DD remains to be seen but she does play with the people already and of course the vehicles.

Seitvonzu
07-14-2012, 09:07 PM
i love that the figures encourage play with so many other toys- blocks, other structures, etc. :) we don't have any knights, but we do have pirates! :) i almost bought the police/robber take along case yesterday, but didn't like all the guns it came with... i think our pirates have guns, but maybe i hid them?

so fuN!

Cam&Clay
07-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Pirates! DS2 has one of the pirate ships and it gets played with every single day. He also has firefighters, knights, school stuff, the barn, etc., but the pirates are the most played with!

WatchingThemGrow
07-14-2012, 10:09 PM
We pull out the swimming pool seasonally, so it's fun to hear the conversations mimic what happened at the pool that day, lol. We don't keep any sets out full-time, so whatever set I pull out is the favorite.

Seitvonzu
07-14-2012, 10:48 PM
lu' s best friend has the pool and lu LOVES it. she asks me all the time for it, and i steadfastly resist. we have so many toys, i just feel like someone else should have something cool that we don't have, you know?

my favorite thing about our pirate set is the CANON (we have the skull island-- i bought 2 at the infamous borders $1 sale :):):))

wtg-- we have "seasonal" playmobil too-- the christmas stuff, of course, and we also have the bunny treehouse (i bring out for easter) i'd LOVE to have more of the bunny stuff, but i'm not paying retired prices. that's what encouraged me to order all that wedding stuff...and has me wanting to pull the trigger on the egyptian stuff i can still get. i know it'll be a hit, and i'd regret not getting it :(

AngelaS
07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Currently there are pirates in one dd's room, the school set on my coffee table and fire/police set in someone else's room....