PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins

infomama
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Really want to see her this time. I am thinking of the character meal at 1900 Park Fare but I don't want to eat crappy food just to see her. Mad Hatter isn't on the must see list, I have seen Alice in England (Epcot) before and Tigger/Pooh will be covered at the Crystal Palace.

Is she around quite a bit in the parks? Don't mind waiting a little while to see her.

jent
07-14-2012, 02:30 PM
When we were there in April, she was right outside the main Town Hall building the first day we were there-- but I don't think she was there on our subsequent day.

I'm otherwise not a Disney expert, so I don't know how often she is in "rotation", so to speak-- but wanted to chime in that she definitely makes appearances.

Seitvonzu
07-14-2012, 10:54 PM
we did the breakfast at park faire... i didn't think the food was "terrible"--it was just about the same quality as other meals, and there was a wide variety of things. my daughter was a little under the weather (was up all night coughing the night before) and mary poppins was super sweet asking if she had "taken her spoon full of sugar" and all that stuff. it was cute :) she definitely stayed in character well and looked very mary poppins in her jolly holiday outfit :)

the alice we saw was SUPER sweet too and the mad hatter DEFINITELY went above and beyond to make sure we got great pictures, and that our daughter (she was taking pictures of each character all week), got a quirky photo. he stayed a long time so that she'd get comfortable enough to take the picture and smile for us!

so i'd say the character interaction at park faire was great, even if the food wasn't our favorite that week (i liked it, but it couldn't compete with say, boma ;))

spunkybaby
07-15-2012, 01:57 AM
We saw Mary Poppins in Epcot (U.K.) last time.

Looks like she's still there, according to Kenny the Pirate's character guide (http://kennythepirate.com/character-schedules/disney-world-epcot-characters-schedule-list/). (She's also at MK in Town Square.)

infomama
07-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Thank you guys so much, especially for the link!!

klwa
07-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Kenny is good. You may also want to check out Steve Soares site for Magic Kingdom & Epcot to get a better idea of Mary's times at each location. (From the looks of it, she isn't guaranteed at MK at this time, but is at Epcot.) http://wdwent.com/

Gracemom
07-16-2012, 08:19 AM
We saw her at Epcot. We loved her outfit, and she has a lot of personality!

elbert
07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
We saw her several times in the UK at Epcot...very personable, not a huge line, and spent lots of time chatting with DD when we ran into her in the courtyard in the UK after she was leaving her "post".

infomama
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks! We love Epcot!