PDA

View Full Version : Best toddler/preschool activities in philly

acmom
07-14-2012, 02:58 PM
We are headed to Philly this week for a few days and are trying to make an tentative plan of what activities to do with our 2 and 3.5 year olds. We are staying at the Center City Embassy Suites and we will have a car. We are going to try to hit the Philly zoo and Smith Playplace for sure (whether permitting that is!) and also planning to do the Please Touch Museum. We also plan to go to Reading Market to walk around/eat.

We are planning to keep Camden Adventure Aquarium as a backup if the weather is bad (we know the kids would like it, but we went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore a few weeks ago).

We have time to do a few other things, but not sure which other things might be best for this age group...Franklin Institute? Other museums, parks, fun family restaurants or just a good place to walk around?

Any suggestions for this age group? Thanks!

Philly Mom
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
The Academy of Science. Sisters park (brand new next to Logan Square) they have water features. My office looks at it and people always look like they are having fun. Rittenhouse Square. Always lots of kids playing in the square. I think you can take a tour to the top of city hall. Constitution Center, liberty bell and independence hall. If you like battleships, a tour of the New Jersey. The Italian Market. I am on tapatalk so may add more after I re-read your post.

Philly Mom
07-14-2012, 07:16 PM
As for food, what do your kids like? For sit down pizza and very kid friendly, Pietros or Slice. If you are in old city and want pizza, Stella. Parc often has kids and is a French bistro with outdoor seating on Rittenhouse Square. In the Italian market, Sabrina's or green eggs and ham. If you tell me what food your kids like and general locations I can give other suggestions. For example, kannella which is Cypriot sometimes has kids in it especially eating outside.

acmom
07-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks so much Philly Mom- that helps a lot! Are the water features at Sisters Park you mentioned something we need bathing suits for?

As for food, the kids will eat a lot of different stuff (italian, subs, pizza, burgers, etc.) - a lot of the suggestions you made sound like the kind of casual, kid friendly spots we are looking for.

peanut520
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Dutch Wonderland is a great option for kids that age. dd went last year around 2 as a primer for wdw and really liked it. I think it is only 45 minutes/1 hours outside of philly. there are other things to do around that area also.

Garden State Children's museum in cherry hill 25-30 minutes from philly
Hershey Park - kiddos might be slightly young
Seseame Place 45-60 minutes drive

maestramommy
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
The Please Touch Museum is awesome! We've taken all 3 kids there and there's stuff for all of them, all day!