PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on kids pjs?

cookiemonster80
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I like to buy Hanna because I know they will last for both DD's but I still don't like to pay more than $15-which is hard to do. Gap, and Carter's like to pay $6-7 but will pay $8-9, never more than $10.

AnnieW625
07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
No more than $20 for Hanna long johns, which is usually quite do able for outlet sales. I like paying no more than $15 for short johns. I paid $16 for long johns before as well, but that was during the 2009 EOS sale on New Years Eve.

I pay $14-16 I think for Costco's organic long johns. They also have short johns but I have never bought them.

$7.99 for Carters fleece sleepers (these are at Costco right now, not sure why they sell them in the middle of July)

I also really like Carters three packs of all cotton pjs they sell at Target. I think those are $14 for a set (one shirt, one long pant, one short) at Target, plus they are all cotton. I haven't bought any Carters pjs at the Carters store recently, but I think they are about the same price when on sale. DD1 did get a polyester 3 piece set for her birthday and she loves them.

boltfam
07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I like to pay $15-$20 for Hanna LJs. I don't think I have paid more than $10-$12 for SJs, which is hard to do but we live in MI, and SJs just don't get much wear.

I'm with Annie in that I like the Carters 3 pk or 4 pk from Target or Costco, and I probably pay around $10-$12 for them. I don't pay more than $8 for Carters fleece footed PJs at Costco, and am also confused as to why they sell them in the middle of July. :shrug:

AJP
07-19-2012, 07:44 AM
I hate paying a lot for pj's but want good quality. With my girls wearing the same size, nothing gets handed down and I have to buy twice as many in the same size. I've found Gymboree to have decent prices during their baby sale with a coupon...I never pay more than $7 or $8 a set. We only buy the long sleeved cotton sets. I buy them a little big and they last the year. PJ's are one of the only things I love from Gymboree.
My MIL will sometimes buy the kirkland ones from Costco, but I think those shrink a little faster. Id rather get HA on sale for ghe price she pays from Costct, but free is free! ;) I'm never lucky enough to get many pj deals from Gap.
For my son the children's place footed sleepers are perfect. They're usually around $10 before a coupon IIRC, and last till he outgrows them. Since we don't hand those down they are in the donate pile when he's done with them.
If we could hand down pj's I'd definately spend a little more....like HA sale prices.

wellyes
07-19-2012, 08:04 AM
My kids sleep in Hannas too :bag - from outlet on sale days, or Costco. I love zippers for my DS.

My DD likes Carter's nightgowns - short sleeve kneelength for summer, flannel and longer for winter. Certainly under $10 each.

Melaine
07-19-2012, 08:12 AM
When the girls were little-r we did a lot of ON and a TON of clearance organic cotton pjs from Walmart. Sadly, they aren't organic anymore but those babies were $5 FULL price and I caught them on clearance between $1-$3 a set several times. For DS we will probably look at Walmart. Last year, I had my friend bring me some 100% cotton nightgowns from H&M overseas and those were about $6 each. Kicking myself that I didn't ask for a bigger supply. Last season I found two packs of 2 piece longjohns at Target for $11 or so IIRC, so we got 3 sets of those. I think we will be good on PJs through Christmas, hopefully until we start seeing some good markdowns on the next size.
I probably average $4 for PJs and never have paid more than $10.

MSWR0319
07-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I usually pay no more than $6 for Carters one piece fleece or cotton and between $7 and $10 for the two or three piece. If you hit the Kohl's sales right, it's easy to get them that cheap.

hillview
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
I have paid full price on HA when in a pinch. Otherwise I try to pay between 15 and 23 on HA when I can get them.

anonomom
07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Before this summer, I'd never paid more than $7-8 for PJs. I bought from Carter's, Children's Place and Old Navy for the girls when they were babies/toddlers. Most of their pajamas lasted through both girls and worked great. Now I buy them nightgowns from the Disney Store for about $8 on sale. I hate the polyester, but the girls love them.

Just ordered some zippers from Hanna last month. I paid $15 or 16 each, plus shipping, which made me gulp. They are really nice, though, and I bought them very large. They should last a year or more. It's the only way I could justify the price.