PDA

View Full Version : Mont Tremblant?

melissaflorida
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Hello, wondering if anyone has gone to Mont Tremblant? We booked a vacation there end of December. We have heard great things about it but was looking for first hand reviews.

I did choose my hotel by reading trip advisors, I find them pretty right on in accurate reviews.

Thanks!!

Melissa

mikeys_mom
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
:waving4: I've been many times. I grew up in Mtl so we used to go often for the day. DH and I went several years ago for a 1 week ski vacation with DS. I can't remember the name of the place we stayed in but it was nice. Maybe Le Sommet des Neiges. Tremblant has been really built up by Intrawest over the past 10 or 15 years. The village is nice to hang out in the evenings. Skiing is good but keep in mind that conditions in the north east are never guaranteed so you have to hope and pray for lots of snow and no rain :).

Are you staying at one of the Intrawest properties? Those are typically nice. Some are fancier than others but they are all clean and modern.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

melissaflorida
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I was between the Hilton & Saint Bernard. The mixed reviews on TA scared me a bit with the St. Bernard so I went with the biggest % of positive at Hilton Homewood. The Hilton Homewood has been newly removated so at least I know it's new-ish. I heard all the hotels are a mixed bag as all the rooms are individually owned.

We will be eating all our meals out. Any can't miss places in the village? Activities besides skiing?

Believe me, I will be crossing our fingers for snow. Coming from Florida it would be a bummer if there wasn't at least a smidge. Worst case there is man made on the mountain right?

mom2binsd
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
I lived about 2 hours away and went a number of times, stayed in condo's but the hotels are pretty nice. It's a really cute area. Lots to do (ice skating/tobaganning (that's what Canadian's call sledding)/snowmobiling/sleigh rides....of course if the weather is mild all bets are off, but you should be fine in December.

On your way in I'd stop in the actual village and pick up beer and wine (in Quebec you can buy it at convenience stores) and any other items you like to keep in your room.

Last time I was there I can also attest to the fact that the doctors on the mountain are able to reset a dislocated shoulder pretty quickly and the doc was cute too!!!

mikeys_mom
07-18-2012, 03:58 PM
There is lots to do there besides skiing. In the village there is an information centre. I think it's called "Activite Central". They have detailed information on all the stuff to do in the area. There is a small indoor waterpark that my kids enjoy. If it's cold enough, the outdoor skating rink might be open. If you have room, bring your own sleds, or pick them up at the Canadian Tire in St. Jovite. When we were there, in the evenings, kids were sledding down the small bunny hill. I think they have sleigh rides through the village in the evenings. You can try snowshoeing or x-c skiing also. A friend of mine did a dogsled ride and said it was fun.

If you can get away without the kids for an hour or so, I highly recommend the Le Scandinave Spa. It's got the hot/cold pools. We went in the summer 2 years ago and it was so relaxing.

I agree with PP's suggestion to pick up groceries in St. Jovite on the way up. There is really nothing between there and the resort. It's about a 20 minute drive from Tremblant to St. Jovite. I think the grocery store is a Metro (major Cdn chain). It's right off the highway. There is a small convenience store in the village at tremblant but everything is pretty pricey there.

Sorry, can't help you with places to eat in the village as we eat strictly kosher so we can't eat-out there. The village is just a fun place to walk around and hang out in the evenings, assuming it's not too cold. There is often music and some sort of outdoor entertaintment going on.

melissaflorida
07-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks so much!!!! We are excited. We usually go to Stowe and are looking forward to checking out a new area.

~Melissa

dec756
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Canada...i barely remember my drunken school trips there as a teen.