PDA

View Full Version : ISO New Mom Gift Advice for DCP "float" person

BabbyO
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok, I need advice for a gift for an expecting teacher at our Daycare. She's not exactly a "float" teacher. She is a FT teacher, but the only time she sees my kiddos is at the end of the day (between about 4:30 and 6 pm). But she is with Peanut almost every evening and she is SO engaged with the kids. "Stachio" has even bonded with her even though 90% of the time he is with the big kids in the gym or on the playground at the end of the day.

She is SUPER sweet and thoughtful. She even insisted on washing our bottles one evening because she didn't realize that I've told the teachers they don't need to do this (I have to wash my bottles from my pump anyway and the bottles get sent home every night since Peanut gets pumped milk).

She is due in August and I'd just llike to get her a small gift to say she's appreciated and I know she'll be a great mom. To make things slightly more complicated....we may no longer be attending when she comes back from her MA leave. Our regular sitter may be able to take the kids back FT at that point.

Would love some recommendations from all the wise parents here. This is her first child (but clearly she knows babies since she is in an infant room).

TIA!

ETA: My price range is $25-35.

vonfirmath
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I would get her something you loved as a mom and give it to her before the baby gets here. Maybe a copy of the Baby Bargains book?

BabbyO
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I would get her something you loved as a mom and give it to her before the baby gets here. Maybe a copy of the Baby Bargains book?

I thought about BBB, but frankly it seems a bit late and the center had a shower for her where she got quite a bit of stuff...plus she has lots of moms to get hand me downs from.

I was trying to think of something that I loved that is also unique...the only thing I can come up with is $60-80 (a bit out of my budget) and not common enough to find used:

http://www.snugglemecushion.com/

that was why I came here for advice. :)

candaceb
07-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Boppy makes a Newborn Lounger that is similar to the cushion you linked and about $30 - what is your budget?
http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Newborn-Lounger-Seed-Row/dp/B002WDAW5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342544696&sr=8-1&keywords=boppy+newborn+lounger

You can never go wrong with a couple of your kids' favorite books.

Charlie
07-17-2012, 02:18 PM
A few ideas:

- soft soled shoes in 6-12 months
- something Aden and Anais
- a gift basket of board books (checkout Amazon's bargain book section to stretch your $$).
- some nice infant toys - lamaze clutch toys, teethers, a stacker, etc.

I found that with my first, I got a lot of newborn essentials (which is great!) but very little for after the newborn stage (few books or toys for example).