PDA

View Full Version : Britax b ready or MB duet?

elismummy
07-18-2012, 09:21 AM
We are having our fourth baby soon and it will be 21months behind the #3. I had pretty much decided that a b ready was going to be the best option for a thin double stroller that could take a carseat and a toddler. . . But then I realized that the duet is the same width. I would have to buy a Graco carseat since we have Chico and duet doesn't have a Chico adaptor but I would have to buy 2 adapters to put the. Chicco on the bottom position of the b ready anyway. . . So what I am wondering is what peoples thoughts are on the two. . . .specifically
1. Is the extra weight of the mb going to be a huge PITA? My husband will be the primary user and it will be our only double
2. Is the quality of the britax less and not going to hold up to daily use with 2 kids as well?
3. Are the duet seats going to be too small and my kids will grow out of it too quickly so that I will have to buy something else in a year? They are typically average sized kids. . . .

And any other thoughts or advice. . . .really agonizing over this one. . . .

roseyloxs
07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Haven't own either so I can't comment on 1 or 2. I think #3 depends on your comfort level on how cozy a stroller seat can be. This celeb is pretty famous for pushing around her 4 and 3 year old in a duet.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwWg8DzmBdmMdTfEtd0Ve70NdpdCgPP w10LZGDGBf_1ySnv5UQ

I am about to have my third and am leaning towards a duet since I can use a stroller board on it while utilizing both seats. That is something that the B-ready cannot do. You didn't mention the age of your second child so I don't know if that's of interest to you.

BabyBearsMom
07-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I have a B-Ready but considered the Duet. The reason I didn't do the Duet is that my DD1 is 99th percentile for height and 80th for weight. When I tried her out in the seat at 20 months old, she was already filling it out, so I knew it wouldn't last her long. If I had average or small kids I totally would have gotten the Duet.

FYI, at least in the 2011 B-Ready, the only carseats that you can put in the bottom position are the Britax carseats. If you have another carseat and want to use the adapter, you have to put it in the top position. But, I have found that you can rest the car seat into the seats on the stroller and they fit perfectly (I have a KF30). This is not manufacturer recommended, so please take that with a grain of salt, but it works for me on the rare instances when I wanted to keep DD2 in her carseat in the stroller. Plus the rear seat has a flat recline so you can put an infant directly in that seat. My DD1 prefers the bottom seat though, she calls it her special tunnel seat and gets made if we put her up top.

ETA - I totally didn't answer your questions

Weight - The B-ready with the seats on it, is not light by any means and it is an awkward shape for throwing it in and out of the car. When I am alone, I will frequently take the seats off and put the frame in separately but I have a bad back. I think the Duet isn't that much heavier as compared to the B-Ready with two seats.
Quality - I know that MB's are tanks and totally unstoppable but I am pleased with the quality of the B-ready. It is easy to assemble and I have used mine a lot in the past 4 months (as a single for DD1 and now as a double with both girls) and it feels stable and sturdy.