PDA

View Full Version : New Single - which one?

MamaInMarch
07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Is there any hope of my finding a single that I will love?

I had a Chicco Cortina for my DS and liked it fine... til I bought a Bumbleride Indie Twin and saw what I had been missing! And now my DD is spoiled by the Bumbleride and screams bloody murder whenever I try to put her in the Chicco!

So I really want a new single with these requirements:

good push

full recline

decent canopy/basket

**adjustable footrest** (this is important - DD wants her legs straight out like they can be in the Bumbleride)

Obviously, I would just prefer an Indie Single but it's way out of my budget. I watch Craigslist daily for our area as well as up to 2 hours away but there really is nothing so I will be paying retail. I am hoping to spend no more than $150. Is there such a thing??

mom3boys
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Are you on the StrollerSWAP group at all? I think there was a mama selling a Valco Quad (used, but excellent condition) for only $125. That stroller would fit your needs--good push, great canopy, adjustable footrest, full recline. Not as pretty as an Indie, but for $125 it's a great stroller. This is the stroller my babysitter uses and my son (1 yr) loves it.

MamaInMarch
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I am not, but I think it is the place I need to be! How do I join?

mom3boys
07-18-2012, 10:02 PM
If you Google StrollerSWAP (one word) the first listing on the search should lead you to the StrollerSWAP website, it is a Yahoo Group (you can also go on Yahoo and search under "Groups" I believe)

There is a blue box on the upper right corner of the StrollerSWAP page that reads "join this group". Then you have to sign with either a Yahoo account (if you have one) or, if you don't have one, you can sign in with either your Facebook or Google login and password.

I can't remember if there is a waiting period to be approved to join the group, that's usually the case with groups (everyone is pretty much approved, it's just an extra step to try to prevent spammers). Then you're in and you can see all the e-mails. One warning, if you use your Google account all the StrollerSWAP e-mails will come into that account, and it is a lot of mail (there are probably 10+ posts a day) so just be prepared for a lot of mail--if you want to avoid that, I'd advise just creating a yahoo account that you plan to check less often. Also if you do that, on the group page there is a "Database" of strollers for sale, but not everyone posts in there, a lot of people just write and e-mail saying something is for sale.

If you can't find what you want in the old messages, you can post an ISO (In search of) and see who responds.

I've only bought one stroller through SWAP but it worked out well.

There is also an offshoot stroller group of the BBB, strollerista, where things are posted for sale. it is also a Yahoo group, you must be a BBB member with 250 posts to join. Kaylee31 is the moderator I think and IIRC you can PM her if you have the minimum # of posts.

HTH!

crl
07-18-2012, 11:17 PM
FYI, you can set your yahoo groups to not receive any emails. I belong to several groups with hundreds of messages and have all of them set to no mail. I just check the online board when I want to catch up.

Catherine