PDA

View Full Version : Planet Box owners

ahisma
07-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Do the magnets fall off? Should I by a backup set, or two?

Should I spring for the cold pack kit, or just use an ice pack?

Thanks!

Kindra178
07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Magnets don't fall off. We started with two sets last year and due to my own stupidity, I lost a few pieces of one. Some new ones are coming out in August (dinosaurs), so I am going to surprise Ds1 with one or two more new sets.

We bought some basic ice packs recommended here that we use in the planetbox or I use the ones that came with my breast pump. Both kinds work fine.

I think this is what I bought last year:

http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fresh-Cool-Coolers-Packs/dp/B003FO2B5U/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1342638563&sr=8-17&keywords=ice+packs

Winmama here last year did a temperature analysis of various ice packs for the planetbox and the ice mat kind seemed to keep food cold the longest. Ds eats lunch at 11:30 and brings an ice filled water bottle, so I am not too worried about his food though.

BeachBum
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I thought the magnets stayed on fine, but my kid cared nothing about using them. I had to take them off to run it throughout the dishwasher and eventually I just quit bothering them.

Most days I didn't even bother with an ice pack. But it's nice to have such a good fit with theirs. I will say that I went back and bought silverware for this year. I had a lot of trouble finding ones that would fit in the lunchbox itself.

ahisma
07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Perfect, thank you both! I wasn't going to do the silverware, but definitely will. I didn't realize that it would be a hard fit.

My DS is really focused on the magnets - we're doing the rocket ones. If you have to take them off for the dishwasher it is guaranteed that I will lose them - definitely getting extras!

cuca_
07-18-2012, 07:11 PM
We never had problems with the magnets either. We had a set for each lunchbox and they are still in great shape. I just put them in the same drawer when I took the off. I am thinking of getting each kid a new set for fun.

crl
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM
No problems with losing magnets here. I pulled them off and stuck them on the refrigerator while the planetbox was in the dishwasher and put them back in when I pulled it out.

Catherine

cuca_
07-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Some new ones are coming out in August (dinosaurs), so I am going to surprise Ds1 with one or two more new sets.

Where did you see the new magnets? I'm ordering new magnets and would love to see the new ones. TIA!

Kindra178
07-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Where did you see the new magnets? I'm ordering new magnets and would love to see the new ones. TIA!

I got an email from Planetbox about the new magnets. I don't remember exactly, but the email said that it was debuting new magnets in August. One of the new ones had dinos. I am going to wait to order until August so I can get dinosaur magnets (and a green lunchbox).

cuca_
07-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I got an email from Planetbox about the new magnets. I don't remember exactly, but the email said that it was debuting new magnets in August. One of the new ones had dinos. I am going to wait to order until August so I can get dinosaur magnets (and a green lunchbox).

Thanks!! I found the email. I just wanted to check out the new ones before deciding what to order!

ahisma
07-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks!! I found the email. I just wanted to check out the new ones before deciding what to order!

I'm not on their mailing list (fixing that now). What are the new magnets that are coming out?

roseyloxs
07-19-2012, 04:21 AM
No problems with losing magnets here. I pulled them off and stuck them on the refrigerator while the planetbox was in the dishwasher and put them back in when I pulled it out.

Catherine

:yeahthat: Same here. The planetbox ice pack is nice but its definitely not necessary and any cold pack should work.

Corie
07-19-2012, 08:55 AM
These lunch boxes are very cool! How do you like them?

hillview
07-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I thought the magnets stayed on fine, but my kid cared nothing about using them. I had to take them off to run it throughout the dishwasher and eventually I just quit bothering them.

Most days I didn't even bother with an ice pack. But it's nice to have such a good fit with theirs.

:yeahthat:

crl
07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
These lunch boxes are very cool! How do you like them?

Love it. Nearly indestructible, no pieces to lose , holds plenty of food, just one lid to open to see the whole lunch. And can be washed in the dishwasher.

Catherine

Kindra178
07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Love it. Nearly indestructible, no pieces to lose , holds plenty of food, just one lid to open to see the whole lunch. And can be washed in the dishwasher.

Catherine

This exactly. It makes making lunch a total breeze because you don't have to search for little containers/lids in the am. The carry bag is good quality, just boring.

endlessheather
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
We had no problems with the magnets. I used the Fit N Fresh ice things also in ours and they worked perfect. You can actually put 2 of them under the box and some in the sleeve. As for silverware, they didn't have anything special when I ordered last year so I got one of these for him. It doesn't go in the box but I just put it next to it or I could put it in the little velcro pocket in the front with a reusable napkin. He loved it. I can't say enough good things about Planetbox. I get so many comments and questions about it but it comes down to how easy it is to use and clean. It's just the right size imo.

http://www.amazon.com/Light-My-Fire-Spork-4-Pack/dp/B0013L2FGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342719952&sr=8-1&keywords=light+my+fire+spork

hillview
07-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat: