PDA

View Full Version : Did I need an Indie Twin?

kaharris83
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
We finally found our perfect stroller combo in a BOB/G-Luxe pairing, but now we're expecting DS2 so get to enter the world of doubles. I bought the 2012 Britax B-Ready as a car/mall stroller when DS2 arrives. I was contemplating what to do about an outdoor stroller and stalking CL for a BOB Duallie deal, but wondering if by the time we start doing outdoor things again in the Spring DS1 would be riding in a stroller or a scooter, or a bike on our walks. I ended up getting a new Indie Twin today. I'm wondering if this will be a good fit for an outdoor neighborhood walk, park strolling, type of stroller. I love, love, love my BOB which is why I was looking for a Duallie but the Indie deal seemed too good to pass up. I'm feeling some buyer's remorse. :bag

gamma
07-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I think the Indie Twin will be perfect for you! You will be able to use it right from birth with DS2 since it has a flat recline and adjustable foot rest! With DS1 only 2 1/2, he will need to hitch a ride frequently after a long day and many little ones like to ride again when they see the new baby riding. The nice fabrics on the Indie are hard to resist!

hollissmama
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
I had an Indie twin twice and loved it! It has a fantastic push and great features. That is a really good deal too! I sold mine for $400 both times on CL. Enjoy it, for a newbie the Indie is much better IMO.

roseyloxs
07-19-2012, 03:46 AM
I loved, loved, loved my indie twin. Used it exactly as you are describing. It sat open in my garage and I used it daily for walks and trips to the park. I did my daily walks with a friend who used her duallie. I never once envied her. I can't deny the push is incredible on the duallie but I loved my adjustable leg rests and my huge but still accessible basket (also a big fan of how much prettier my stroller was and my fabric was washable unlike hers). I could fit my son's balance bike in the basket it was so large.

At $300 you could easily use the indie twin for a year and then start stalking CL again for a duallie. I sold my seagrass indie twin for $450 with third party footmuffs so you have a very good chance of making money on this purchase.

MamaInMarch
07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
I love my Indie Twin!! I think you will love it and I am totally amazed you scored a new one for $300!! That's awesome. I think the Indie is great for babies - so cush. A friend has a duallie and her baby didn't look near as comfy as my DD was (is) in my Indie.
You will definitely be able to resell for probably what you paid. I bought mine for $300 used only because I live in the land of Gracos being high end and most kids being transported in $10 BRU umbrella strollers. So the girl selling her Indie (from out of town) was thrilled to finally find a buyer. When I see them on CL in big cities they seem to go for more like $400-450.

crl
07-19-2012, 11:50 AM
At that price you absolutely need an indie twin! :D. I think you will really like it a lot and I think the indie is a better newborn and infant stroller than a bob is.

(BTW, I sold my year old indie single for more than you paid!)

Catherine

kaharris83
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks ladies!! I think my buyer's remorse was more dread for DH's reaction when I told him. He actually said it looks really nice, nicer than a BOB and that he likes it(though he said he wished it was Fog not Seagrass). After that I got really excited about it and reading how much others have liked theirs and how great it will be for the newb and a 2yo makes me even more excited. There's a 2011 listed on our CL for $600 so I don't think I will have a problem breaking even later.

winklet
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Do you mind sharing where you found the $300 deal? Food for thought...
Thanks!

kaharris83
07-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Do you mind sharing where you found the $300 deal? Food for thought...
Thanks!

PMed you.

Kaylee31
07-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I have to agree with PPs. Love my Indie twin, and think it's nicer than a BOB, especially for newbies. Much cuter too. ;) And that price is a steal! There is a Duallie on my CL for only $200 (which is shocking to me since I live in Graco land); and I'm not remotely tempted by it since I love the Indie so much. Plus I like to roll it in the back door if DD falls asleep during walks and the twin just squeezes through when I take the cupholder off. A Duallie definitely would not fit through the door.
Every child is different, and DS prefers to ride his scooter the majority of the time-- but I'm still glad to have the double because he often will need a rest and/or need to be contained in a busy area. So I think you will still get a lot of use out of next year. You definitely should be able to get back what you paid either way when it comes time to re-sell, so win-win. :)

poohbear
07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I think for your age gap the indie twin will be perfect. My kids are 3 years apart and DS is tall. I had initially gotten an indie twin but DS was too big for it. I got a duallie instead and it's great now that DD is 5 months, but I would have loved to have had the indie for a 2 year difference. And when they get a little older, you can sell the indie and get a duallie for long walks.

Also kaharris - pm'd you

cakebreak
07-29-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi there! I've been looking for an indie twin deal for weeks. Was yours a CL find?