PDA

View Full Version : Special teacher idea from DD's?

Tammy
07-18-2012, 05:08 PM
DD1 is leaving preschool and starting K soon so I'd like to get her 2 teachers something special. Also DD2 is moving to another room since she's old enough now and would like to get her teachers something also. I love DDs' teachers and they're special and have been a great influence on my girls. I don't want to go the gift card route since we did that previously this year. I don't have a lot of time, but if it's something simple I may be able to make it. We already did the flower pot craft earlier this year also. Thoughts???? Thanks! (I've searched old teacher appreciation threads too.)

MamaKath
07-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Maybe a special note with a photo of your dc? Or a framed hand print with a poem? A monogrammed tote bag? Something special to use in her classroom (book of stories, fabric wall hanging, etc) specifically from dc? One of the crayon wreaths with her name for her classroom door?

I will keep thinking on it. I would also search things like Fathers Day or Mothers Day crafts for ideas that could be modified.

klwa
07-20-2012, 06:52 AM
I've been told by several of the teachers at our daycare that they are so happy we have the KIDS do something for them. So, the kids will draw a picture, & "sign" their name, etc. Usually I'll slip a real picture of the child in the envelope with the child's thank you card. Then, and I know you said you don't want to do a gift card, but, we add a gift card in. I know how much the daycare teachers make, and I knwo that that gift card can come in REALLY handy.

kristenk
07-20-2012, 02:38 PM
One gift that was a hit with DD's teachers was a bookmark she made. I had her paint on both sides of an 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock. When it had dried, I cut the picture into different strips, which I took to FedEx/Kinko's to laminate. We left space at the top for a hole to be punched and then put ribbon through the hole. DD decided which bookmark to give to which person and we paired it with a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. It was a nice combination of personal and useful!

I think that we'll revive that gift idea for next year. Instead of cutting out strips of an abstract painting, though, I'll have DD start with strips of cardstock and draw whatever she wants on them.

MamaKath
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
One gift that was a hit with DD's teachers was a bookmark she made. I had her paint on both sides of an 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock. When it had dried, I cut the picture into different strips, which I took to FedEx/Kinko's to laminate. We left space at the top for a hole to be punched and then put ribbon through the hole. DD decided which bookmark to give to which person and we paired it with a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. It was a nice combination of personal and useful!

I think that we'll revive that gift idea for next year. Instead of cutting out strips of an abstract painting, though, I'll have DD start with strips of cardstock and draw whatever she wants on them.
:thumbsup:This is a really sweet idea! I will have to keep that in the back of my mind to use in the future.

I was thinking more about it and remembering some things I have done with individual kids and with classes. Fingerprints are fun to decorate with. We decorated a cross that was painted white with fingerprint butterflies. Another time we did picture frames with various fingerprint designs (flowers, butterflies, frogs, etc.). You could easily do something like this on a bookmark too.