PDA

View Full Version : Beco Gemini Sales

Multimama
07-18-2012, 07:56 PM
I looked for a sale on the Beco Gemini for my whole pregnancy and never found one. Now they are on sale!

So far I've seen $95 at quirkybaby.com (http://www.quirkybaby.com/beco-gemini-sale.html) and $91 at sproutsoup.com (http://www.sproutsoup.com/shop/beco-gemini/), but I bet they will start popping up on sale on other sites too. Special "overall" limited edition prints only.

legaleagle
07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Do you have a gemini? Do you like it?

I need something super easy to use for daycare pickups this winter - DD will be around 4 months when she starts but at 2 months she was already 14 lbs and 24.5" (12 month clothes). Would this be reasonably easy to throw on and pop her into and out of?

Multimama
07-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Do you have a gemini? Do you like it?

I need something super easy to use for daycare pickups this winter - DD will be around 4 months when she starts but at 2 months she was already 14 lbs and 24.5" (12 month clothes). Would this be reasonably easy to throw on and pop her into and out of?

I have one and I really love it for the small baby stage. (That's all I've used it for so far!) Based on my DS2's stats I'm sure your DD will fit well in it at 4 months, but it's not going to give you the longevity some other carriers will if you plan to babywear a larger than average kiddo for a long time because it has a relatively short back (although the headrest can sort of extend the height of the back) and is pretty narrow even when snapped out to the wider position. I do think it would make a nice winter carrier because it's lovely and padded and seems like it would add some warmth for baby. It's as easy to get baby in and out of as any SSC, IMO, at least with the front carry.

If your DD stays on her growth curve she should fit in a Boba by 4 months and of the mainstream carriers that one gets recommended a lot for toddlers whereas the Gemini is recommended more for the birth to one year set. So if you want something that is going to last into toddlerhood the Boba might be the way to go instead. But on the other hand I tried the Boba on yesterday and I found the Gemini more comfortable (in a front carry, which is all I tried). With baby carriers what works for you is just as important as what works for her, so if you can try these on or buy from a place with a great return policy that would really be your best bet.

I don't know if that is helpful at all, but I do really like my Gemini. :)

ETA: If you *just* want it for daycare pick-ups maybe a ringsling is the way to go? Super easy in and out! Or maybe look at the Boba Air? You could keep it in your glove compartment. :) (It just came out yesterday and I'm fascinated.)

twotimesblue
07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
I LOVE my Gemini... my DS is super tall for his age (off the charts) and we were still using it until he turned 2. I only stopped 'wearing' him as I got pregnant but DH still back carries him in it and he loves it. I don't think you will have a problem with longevity; if your kiddo is average-sized you should get at least 3 years out of it. I think the weight limit is 35lbs. Enjoy!

Multimama
07-18-2012, 11:20 PM
if your kiddo is average-sized you should get at least 3 years out of it.

If her DD is 14 lbs at 2 months I don't think she's average-sized. :ROTFLMAO: