PDA

View Full Version : Little people super heroes--any toys for them?

ExcitedMamma
07-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure if this is a common trait or if DS is especially nitpicky but he will not allow his toys to commingle. Each toy must stay within its toy grouping (I.e. cars and people are not allowed in Magnatiles structures) and all modes of transportation must only be driven by their original person. This is a problem! Especially since I bought the superheroes by Little People on clearance since they were a great deal but DS won't allow them into his other Little People vehicles or structures. Are they any toys out there that could be structures or vehicles for these so they get more play? Also is this a common quirk? Is it grown out of or do I need to keep it in mind when buying toys?

katydid1971
07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
DS use to do this kind of, when he first built Legos he wanted them to look exactly like the box, so if the fireman was halfway up the ladder he would put his like that too. Plus he wouldn't have them mix up, now all the legos mix up and a fireman from a City set will join the Jedi to fight the bad Ninjago. I bet with time your DS will out grow this as well.

crl
07-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Umm, I kind of wish my kids would do this. Instead it's toy soup here all the time and then we can't find the pieces to the board game when we want to actually play it and so on. Grass is always greener I guess!

Catherine

hillview
07-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Umm, I kind of wish my kids would do this. Instead it's toy soup here all the time and then we can't find the pieces to the board game when we want to actually play it and so on. Grass is always greener I guess!

Catherine

:yeahthat:

cuca_
07-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Catherine

Another :yeahthat:

blue
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Right before age 3 my DS started mixing his toys together. When he was a little younger he went through a phase where the toys where kept separated. Little people use to have assigned cars (the ones they originally came in), the duplo could only be used by the duplo people, Hotwheel cars did not mingle with non Hotwheel cars, the playmobil farmer was the only one allowed to ride the tractor, and so on.

When I played with him I encouraged him to mix them up and showed him some fun things to do with his toys. Sometimes he was resistant to it, and others not.....Today at three all his toys play well together, without any discrimination ;). It is fun to watch all the crazy things he does with his toys now (but not fun to clean up).

So yes OP, my son used to do that too and grew out of it. So maybe your kid will to, and if not that is OK too :).

sarahsthreads
07-19-2012, 10:48 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat:

I'll add to the chorus. I hate toy soup.

I do vaguely remember a time when DD1 was tiny and was particular about toys being played with exactly "right", but DD2? Kid's been making toy soup since she could sit up and hold a toy in each hand.

Sarah :)

ExcitedMamma
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone! Hopefully DS will grow out of this toy separation...or maybe be forced to when his baby sister starts getting into his toys! Any ideas what I can use to give the Little People Super Heroes some attention? All I can find is the bat mobile and wonder woman airplane, but seems redundant since we have Batman and Wonder Woman so I'd just be duplicating without adding anything for him to use with Bat Girl and Green Lantern. Any ideas?

KrystalS
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone! Hopefully DS will grow out of this toy separation...or maybe be forced to when his baby sister starts getting into his toys! Any ideas what I can use to give the Little People Super Heroes some attention? All I can find is the bat mobile and wonder woman airplane, but seems redundant since we have Batman and Wonder Woman so I'd just be duplicating without adding anything for him to use with Bat Girl and Green Lantern. Any ideas?

I saw a Little People bat cave at Target yesterday. I think it came with a batman car and a helicopter.