PDA

View Full Version : Do I need more activities?

bisous
07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
DS2's 5th birthday party is next weekend and it is a lego theme. 13 kids have RSVP'd ranging in age from 12 to 2 months old. There are six kids that have not RSVP'd yet (18 total if I include their siblings) so it looks like it will be a big bunch!

It will last from 2 to 4 and there will be heavy snacks and cake pops but no meal.

We will have several stations with legos and manipulatives set up in our back yard. Two big lego buckets set up on tables for the kids to play with and additionally building blocks (really cool shapes and sizes), pattern block sets and a coloring station with lego shaped crayons and lego themed coloring pages.

I anticipate opening gifts at the party.

Do I need anything else?

I was thinking maybe we could have a parade where the kids walk around demonstrating their lego creation?

Just brainstorming here!

SnuggleBuggles
07-19-2012, 02:09 PM
At ds1's Lego party we had 2 fun activities. The first was a building race. I bought 2 identical, small sets and people faced off in heats to see who could build fastest. Adults played too. We also had everyone guess how many Legos were in a jar. Prizes could be the small sets.

bisous
07-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I like BOTH of those ideas! :)

Thanks!