PDA

View Full Version : Glide board for BJCM?

Sidney
07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
We are going to Disney World in a few months with our 2 year old, and plan on bringing our BJCM. We want to get a glide board so he can hop on and off. I know Baby Jogger makes one, but it seems like there are a lot of universal types as well. Is the BJ one the best, or is there another brand that people prefer to use with their BJCMs?

Thanks!

BabyBearsMom
07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Obviously you know your kid best, but I wouldn't want my two year old on a glider board. She is really too unpredictable and would just jump out whenever she felt like it. Will someone else be riding in the seat of the BJCM so she couldn't sit in it? If she is good enough that you could have her hop on and off of a glider board, couldn't she just sit in the seat unstrapped and jump out?

hollissmama
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I have heard the freerider works well on the BJCM plus they could use the handles to hold on. They have some for a good price on ebay.

roseyloxs
07-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I used a valco Hitchhiker on the BJCM. There isn't a ton of room in front of the handlebar but I unknowingly had the canopy buttoned too low on the frame so I accidentally had made more room for my ds while he rode on it. I fear a 2 year old might be too short to see over the canopy but as long as she doesn't care that shouldn't be a big deal. Also you should know that you can't have the seat reclined while using the board.

I agree with a PP that 2 might be too young for most kids but that being said I have used it with both of my kids when they were 2 and both did great on it. No jumping off, etc.

Sidney
07-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys!

If the board ends up not working, then we just won't use it. We'll probably test drive it before the trip to see how he does.

I'll check out the models mentioned above. Thanks again!

Sidney
07-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I used a valco Hitchhiker on the BJCM. There isn't a ton of room in front of the handlebar but I unknowingly had the canopy buttoned too low on the frame so I accidentally had made more room for my ds while he rode on it. I fear a 2 year old might be too short to see over the canopy but as long as she doesn't care that shouldn't be a big deal. Also you should know that you can't have the seat reclined while using the board.

I agree with a PP that 2 might be too young for most kids but that being said I have used it with both of my kids when they were 2 and both did great on it. No jumping off, etc.

I was just looking online at the Hitchhiker and have a few questions. What do you mean by having the canopy buttoned too low? If it'll provide more room that's good, right? Also, if we want to take the board off, will it fit in the basket, or does it at least fold up out of the way? I'm not overly concerned about recline because DS isn't a fan of it, and he's not a stroller sleeper anymore. Have you traveled with it? I'm wondering how easy it is travel via air with it?

Thanks!!

roseyloxs
07-21-2012, 01:11 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gS37MhSltTQ/TBGUwGehB-I/AAAAAAAAACk/Su-yGP66tvI/s512/IMG_0411.JPG

Here is how I used it. My ds is a few months over 3 in that picture. No having the canopy buttoned down lower on the frame was not a problem at all for me and I didn't even realize I had it too low until I had already sold the stroller so obviously it was not an issue for us.

It will not fit in the basket but it does fold up out of the way easily. Also you can fold the bjcm with the HH attached. Its a bit bulky that way obviously but it works just fine and I did it a lot. Might just bring a bungie cord or something similar to keep it secure while folded if you do air travel or something.

Also there is a new HH coming out. The board is exactly the same but the attachment arms are different. I have the original design. The new one might work too but I don't have any experience with it. This is the original one (http://shop.valcobaby.com/products/productdetail/part_number=Hitchhhiker/4360.0.1.1). The new one is called the HH CB or something like that. Bonus is that the new arms are supposed to work on the old board too so this makes the board even more versatile. Valco said I could buy the new attachment arms separately if I just contact them by email which I think is pretty awesome.

Sidney
07-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks Rosey! That doesn't look very comfortable!

My sister has a Vista with the board for their two year old and so we tried our 2 year old on it and it worked well! They just reverse the seat so it's not right in her face and she can look all around her. Our son LOVED it! We also have a Vista so we are just going to buy the board for it and take it to Florida.

roseyloxs
07-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Sounds like a good plan. My biggest worry was that your 2 year old was going to be too short to ride behind the BJCM.