PDA

View Full Version : Portable highchair reccomendation

RV Mom
07-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Anyone suggest or have a portable highchair that clips to a table at a restaurant or someone else's house? Are these good? Which brand do you suggest and are they worth spending money on?

kaharris83
07-19-2012, 10:38 PM
We used the Chicco 360 for DS1 from about 3 months until 9 months-ish. We used it in restaurants and it was great because he had his own tray. We stopped using it when he got super wiggly, by then he was able to sit up in a restaurant highchair well.

acmom
07-20-2012, 08:17 AM
We used the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster when we go to someone else's house (or when friend's kids come to our house and need a seat). It buckles onto a chair, not the table, so not sure if that is what you are looking for. But it was fairly inexpensive, very secure and can be used thru toddlerhood (and even for a preschooler if they still need a booster). It can be used with a tray for younger ages or without when they are ready to pull up to the table. We didn't take it to restaurants - usually just used the restaurant highchair, our infant carseat or stroller when we were out.

zag95
07-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Fisher price healthy care booster- worked great! had one for each Grandma's house. And one at our house. Took it with us in the car for restaurants or to friends' houses!

swrc00
07-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Another vote for the HC booster. It was a great buy!

rolypoly27
07-20-2012, 12:28 PM
We have two Healthy Care boosters. One at home as our regular high chair, and one stays in our trunk for restaurants, friends' homes, etc. It's been our only high chair and has worked out great for us. We haven't found a chair that we can't strap it onto yet.

TwoBees
07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Definitely the FP Healthy Care Booster. Look for the deluze version that is heigh adjustable. We used a clip-on for several months until DD was able to climb out of it, but like the healthy care booster much better.

BabyBearsMom
07-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Love the FP Booster too. Have it at my mom's house. It is great!

Blue Hydrangea
07-20-2012, 01:53 PM
One of the best baby gifts we got was a clip-on travel high chair. In fact we just stopped using it for DS, who just turned 3 (although he's a 28lb peanut). Here's ours
http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Diner-Portable-Hook-On-Chair/dp/B0000A1O7P

I love that it folds flat, is super light and easy to carry, and doesn't take up a chair, so we can fit more people around the table. We've also used ours on the breakfast bar at my parents place where a booster wouldn't fit on a bar stool.

hehateme
07-30-2012, 11:11 PM
We have inglesina fast chair. My ds2 who is 7 months old loves it. This chair can take babies up to 37 lbs. we like it so much that we use at home everyday.
The only of clip on chairs is that they don't work with pedestal tables as they can tip the table. The chair folds quickly and has a built in cover.