PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Feb. trip

jgenie
07-20-2012, 08:18 AM
We are hoping to go to Disney in February. There will be two adults, DS1 will be 5 and DS2 will be 3. We would like to stay in a monorail hotel. We aren't going to rent a car so will be taking Disney transportation to and from the airport. We may have 1 or 2 other adults joining us for 2 or 3 days during our stay. They can rent a car if that is needed. Do we book our room and then book an additional room when we know if the others will be joining us? Is there a room option at any of the monorail hotels that are large enough that we wouldn't need to pay for an additional room if we had 2 more adults join us? If not, is there a way to get the rooms adjoining? Is there a suite option at the monorail hotels that has a separate sleeping area and TV area? Any tips on what to do to get started researching?

TIA

MissyL11
07-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Last time we went to Disney we stayed in the Bay Lake Towers which is attached to the Contemporary. They have a variety of different floor plans which you can choose from (1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, etc) It is also walking distance to Magic Kingdom...about a 10 minute walk. Good luck!

cckwmh
07-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Don't know when in february you plan on going, but look at the crowd calendars because of school vacations. I know it can get really crowded th 3rd week I think.

I second the bay lake towers rec. there are many different options there.

klwa
07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm going to ask a couple of questions before I third BLT. :)

Are you planning on getting a package deal (food/tickets/room) or buying tickets seperately & food out of pocket? If you're planning to do the package, having everyone in one suite may not be your best bet if everyone isn't going to be there the same amount of time. Each person in the suite will have to get the same package, and the # of meals will be based on the total # of people registered to a room for the full time you're there. (The additional people can't cut a day or two off of their package.) However, if you're buying meals OOP, then that isn't an issue, and a suite at BLT will fit the bill.

hellokitty
07-24-2012, 04:32 PM
If you aren't sure if the other two adults will be joining you, I would just get a room to fit your family and they can get an extra room if needed, on their own. The villas cost a LOT of $, even if you rent points, so if extra ppl are coming for only a portion of the trip, I think it would be cheaper for them to just get their own room at the same resort.

peanut520
08-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I agree with pp on BLT if you want a suite and kitchen option, but we stayed at the contemporary with two connecting rooms last year and it was much cheaper than getting a 2 bedroom suite. It was also just very hard to get a 2 bd suite.