PDA

View Full Version : Whats so special about Corelle dolls?

dukie41181
07-20-2012, 05:54 PM
There is a local specialty store having a huge sidewalk sale and theres a Corelle doll for $18. Is this a good price? Also, whats so special about them? Seems like their retail price is quite high!

dukie41181
07-20-2012, 05:57 PM
And they have a Les Classique double stroller for $40 marked down from $129.99

cntrymoon2
07-20-2012, 06:20 PM
It's a great price, and I'm sure other moms can sing the praises of Corolle dolls. I was so excited to get one for DD and it is her least favorite doll. I have no idea why, but she prefers all the cheap plastic/rubber dolls (Disney, Fisher Price and some off brand). She did however name her Corolle doll "Gobble, Gobble Baby", so at least we get some amusement out of the purchase.

katydid1971
07-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Those are both great prices. Corolle are made of BPA free plastic plus they have beautiful faces. They are very well made and take a lot of abuse. They don't make weird noises at you when you walk by them (like those crazy dolls at Target). My DD has loved her Calin since she was 1 year old, they are a great size for little one's first dolls.

DrSally
07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Those are both great prices. Corolle are made of BPA free plastic plus they have beautiful faces. They are very well made and take a lot of abuse. They don't make weird noises at you when you walk by them (like those crazy dolls at Target). My DD has loved her Calin since she was 1 year old, they are a great size for little one's first dolls.

:yeahthat: great price. High qualiy and BPA free

KrisM
07-20-2012, 07:37 PM
DD has a Vanilla doll that she got at 3.5 because she wanted an American Girl doll. The hair is nice and is brushable, which is great. It's smaller than an AG doll, so a good size for a preschooler. And they don't make crazy noises :).

viba424
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
^ ^ I hate that "crazy doll" aisle at Target!

LMPC
07-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Ooooh, DD's Corelle dolls get loads of love!!! They smell great...BPA free...and are a nice size. And those prices are niiiice!

gobadgers
07-20-2012, 09:11 PM
We have a Bebe Do, and she smells soo nice. Even after several years and lots of use and abuse!

Also I get creeped out by a lot of doll faces, but most Corolle dolls looks sweet to me.

jent
07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
It's not just the cute face, it's the soft beanbag body-- very huggable.

DD got a Corolle doll from Santa and one of those annoying Target dolls from my aunt around the same time. She carried the Corolle everywhere for a while. The Target doll, well, she figured out how to turn the sound off right away.

MamaMolly
07-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Awesome price! I'd looooove to have another one. My girls fight over our one Corolle doll. We have a ton of cheap ones given as gifts, they get ignored. I gave Lula the corolle doll when she was about two I think and it gets a ton of play.

urbanmommy
07-21-2012, 09:16 AM
It's a great price, and I'm sure other moms can sing the praises of Corolle dolls. I was so excited to get one for DD and it is her least favorite doll. I have no idea why, but she prefers all the cheap plastic/rubber dolls (Disney, Fisher Price and some off brand). She did however name her Corolle doll "Gobble, Gobble Baby", so at least we get some amusement out of the purchase.

LOL! The same thing happened to us. I was really excited to get dd1 in of these dolls. We got her one along with a crib. She could care less about it. I did get her one that you can use in the bath from Corolle and that gets played with at every bath.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

misshollygolightly
07-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I gave DD a Corolle Calin for her 1st birthday about a month ago and she has loved on it and played with it every day since! It goes with us everywhere--to daycare, church, grocery store, etc. It's very huggable and sweet, and I love the vanilla-scent. Very, very well made. Totally worth the money, IMO, esp. at that price!

bostonsmama
07-21-2012, 01:10 PM
DD is coming on 2 and I gave her the Mon Corolle Calin doll at ~11 months. She's loved it ever since. She takes it everywhere (walks, car, to bed) and hugs it, comforts and rocks it. She loves dressing and undressing her. She pushes her around in a cheap stroller we got. I can't say enough good about her. I need to wash her head b/c the open mouth collects a little dust, but the eyes still open/close. I read some reviews and got the soft bean body instead of Tidoo (the bathable kind) b/c they said she sits upright better. I want a second only b/c the clothing is almost as expensive as another doll (also as a backup since now she's sort of become a lovie). That's an excellent price!

If they're on sale, get some accessories to gradually gift over Christmas, subsequent birthdays, etc, since they can be quite a small fortune.

Daphnecita
07-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I noticed this one on sale at barnesandnoble.com for 19.95, looks like a doll for a toddler or older, age says 4 and up
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-corolle-les-cheries-cecile-13-inch-doll/22350082?ean=746775023614

marge234
07-21-2012, 02:59 PM
They used to be made in Spain--that was a big part of why I was OK paying a premium for them.

daisymommy
07-21-2012, 10:13 PM
The plastic is PVC and phthalate free as well--something that cannot be said about most other dolls, including American Girl dolls unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisa928
07-22-2012, 07:36 AM
I don’t want to hijack this thread but I have similar, but more detailed questions.

My twin girls are almost four have two dolls (I don’t know the brand) from Costco last Christmas that have been to the ‘doll hospital’ many times for repair. Legs becoming unsown, plastic toes that have actually broken off that needed to be crazy glued, hands that fall off, and a few more. Yes they are not gentle on them, but if they were not so attached to them I would even return them with how bad the quality is. The majority of the reason I bought them was because I found one in purple with brown eye and one in pink with blue eyes (there eye color with assigned colors that they love). I would love to replace them with new ones. I have looked at the Corolle dolls but not having seen them in person is hard. Seeing this thread makes me want to reconsider but I have some questions.

Do they take abuse from being overly loved?
Do any of them have brown eyes? I looked at Amazon trying to zoom in but all look blue.
Are all of the Calin dolls the same just different clothes?
Any suggestions beyond Calin, again wanting two dolls that are slightly different?
Is hair on dolls a bad idea at almost 4, as I can see it becoming a mess very quickly?

TwinsItIs
07-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I bought my niece a corolle doll and she's loved it ever since she got it a while back. It goes with her wherever she goes. Their fragrance is awesome, takes abuse, the hair is beautiful etc... I'd SO get that stroller you mentioned for $40.

newg
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
DD1 has had her Calin for almost two years now....DD2 has had her's for almost 1yr. Like PP have mentioned; these dolls have been everywhere, loved, thrown across the room, pulled by the arms/legs/head and they still look beautiful.
They are the perfect size too.......not too big, but not too small; easily loved by a 4yr. old and a (almost) 2yr. old.
And the soft, vanilla scent is wonderful! I got DD1 a melissa and doug doll as a 1st day of preschool gift last year, and DH and I can't stand the scent!! WAY too strong! DD1 doesn't play with the doll very much either, which makes me wonder if she doesn't like the smell too.

I would very happily buy more if I could find them for $18!!

newg
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Do any of them have brown eyes? I looked at Amazon trying to zoom in but all look blue.
Any suggestions beyond Calin, again wanting two dolls that are slightly different?
Is hair on dolls a bad idea at almost 4, as I can see it becoming a mess very quickly?

1. yes!! DD1 has had her doll for 2yrs and you'd never know it. DD2, being almost 2, is not gentle with her doll...but again, you'd never know it!
2. Not sure about the eyes........I think all the calin dolls have blue eyes because they are suppose to be newborns (which are born with blue eyes), not sure about their other dolls though.
3. DD2's doll has little teeth, where DD1's doll does not......not sure if that's because they are from different years. They do have different "hair" colors and skin colors.
4. DD1 is 4 (almost 4.5) and I do most of the hair brushing for her dolls :). I usually try to keep the doll hair braided so it doesn't get ratty. I'd go with no hair, or the short hair some of the calin dolls have, if you can.

http://us.corolle.com/products/result

acmom
07-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I don’t want to hijack this thread but I have similar, but more detailed questions.

Yes - we have 1 that has been very well loved and still is in great shape! Ours is played with daily, taken in the car, outside and on family trips and often slept with!

Yes- we have 2 calins, one has blue eyes and one has brown. The facial features are a little different too. One came in a flowered top and pink pants (brown eyes) and one in blue striped PJs (blue eyes). Our blue eye version is slightly more boyish looking. I also gave my goddaughters 2 Calins (both different then ours) - one with blue eyes, one with brown.

We have one the Corolle dolls with hair who is bigger. She was a present when my DD was about 3.5. She is a very nice doll too, but doesn't get as much love as the Calins. We have a few dolls with hair and I think if they were played with as much as the Calins, their hair would be a disaster. None of ours get played with daily and already their hair is quite unruly.