PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Spanx question

SummerBaby
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
UPDATE--- I did not attempt it. The thing I had on was a one piece with the boobs cut out- you can wear your own bra. It was pretty easy to just unhook the shoulder strap and pull the whole thing down. It only took me a little longer, but I just felt too weird sitting on the toilet with an undergarment! As far as Spanx go, I have to give this style 5 stars! It didn't roll over, and there was nowhere for the rolls to spill over, KWIM? I can't post a link from my phone, but it's the Spanx open bust body suit.

Is it possible or advisable for a woman to attempt to pee through the hole in the crotch of a one-piece Spanx? I'm 40, and have had 2 vaginal deliveries- my second DD was a 10 pounder. Right now I'm avoiding drinking so I don't have to pee, but I'm not sure how long that can last! :). Any advice appreciated!

Val

ellies mom
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I would invest in two piece Spanx. Not drinking water to avoid going to the bathroom is not healthy. I personally would not try peeing through the hole because well I'd just make a mess and then I'd be in worse shape with no spanx and no panties.

newnana
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I'd make a mess if I tried that. Agree with PP, go with the 2 piece.

May I add on to the question?

a friend says these are sold as undergarments and was shocked that I wore panties with mine. Never occured to me not to. Soooooo, with or without panties on yours? I wear the bike shorts version if that matters.

tmahanes
07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I have worn the split crotch ones and yes with out undies. I use both hand pull apart the split and go pee. Not hard at all :) but I would also rather pull a wet swim suit crotch to the side to pee than take the suit off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pyrodjm
07-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Don't do it! I've worn girdles and spanx end every darn time I've tried to pee through that darns slit I've regretted it immediately. But then, I have some kind of multi-stream thing going on and have to use a paper cup and then dip my HPTs in them.

Go for the two piece spanx or be prepared to fully disrobe to pee. This is my advice.

buddyleebaby
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
I can do it. I thought that's why the hole was there...well...one of two reasons. :wink2:

maydaymommy
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I've done it using both hands to pull the opening apart, as mentioned above.

The hard part is getting your body to let you go when it feels like you're dressed!
Very weird thing.

queenmama
07-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I can do it. I thought that's why the hole was there...well...one of two reasons. :wink2:

Bahahaha!

I, too, use the split to pee rather than pulling down. And I don't like 2-piece Spanx because that splits my rolls into two groups, rendering the Spanx utterly useless.

And no panties. That seems weird, though I do wear them with tights.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

MamaSnoo
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I do not wear undies with them.

The only time I tried the peeing thing was a complete disaster. Black tie event. 4 in heels, full length gown. I did not have 2 hands to pull the hole open enough because I was trying to manage my dress, and well....it did not work out. :bag Have not tried to pee in them since, and fortunately, have not had to do a black tie since either!

As for the suggestion that there might be other reasons for the split in the seam....do your spanx look a whole hellava lot better than mine do? I mean they do make my clothes look better when they are underneath, but I cannot imagine them as part of sexy time. :nodno:

nfowife
07-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I try really hard not to pee. If I absolutely have to, I actually take off my dress and the spanx and I do wear underpants underneath. Because I feel like the hole does not fully close when I walk and I feel a bit "drafty" down there....

I've seen ones that instead of the hole have a crotch with a bra-type closure (towards the front) and so it opens to the back and there's a wide open space underneath, looks better but haven't tried it. Maybe pack a funnel in your purse?

Pyrodjm
07-20-2012, 11:44 PM
I try really hard not to pee. If I absolutely have to, I actually take off my dress and the spanx and I do wear underpants underneath. Because I feel like the hole does not fully close when I walk and I feel a bit "drafty" down there....

I've seen ones that instead of the hole have a crotch with a bra-type closure (towards the front) and so it opens to the back and there's a wide open space underneath, looks better but haven't tried it. Maybe pack a funnel in your purse?

Excellent Idea! I have one of these (http://www.thepstyle.com/) that I bought while pregnant. If only I could remember to carry it with me the next time I'm wearing restraining undergarments I'd be golden.

kep
07-20-2012, 11:57 PM

I can't imagine why you're pregnant again, Alicia! :wink2: :rotflmao:

buddyleebaby
07-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I can't imagine why you're pregnant again, Alicia! :wink2: :rotflmao:

Right? :kisscheek::rotflmao:

AngB
07-21-2012, 07:13 AM
I've never dared to try though the funnel idea is pretty brilliant! I only wear spanx for something fancy so not worth getting pee on myself, plus I'm not that coordinated! Blech, this is the #1 reason I hate spanx!

Did you end up trying it?

newnana
07-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta say, threads like these make me love you guys even more. :cheerleader1:

Stuff yo mama never told ya, but really important to know. Thanks!

Oh, and I agree with pp. squished like a sausage into spanx not a great look for me. Only to make my clothes look better. You go Alicia

amatahrain
07-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I have worn the split crotch ones and yes with out undies. I use both hand pull apart the split and go pee. Not hard at all :) but I would also rather pull a wet swim suit crotch to the side to pee than take the suit off.

:yeahthat:

buddyleebaby
07-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Gotta say, threads like these make me love you guys even more. :cheerleader1:

Stuff yo mama never told ya, but really important to know. Thanks!

Oh, and I agree with pp. squished like a sausage into spanx not a great look for me. Only to make my clothes look better. You go Alicia

:ROTFLMAO:
I want to clarify that on those occasions that the opening has been utilized, no clothing has been removed. And that's all I have to say about that.

DebbieJ
07-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Yes, and yes.

The hole is there for a reason--to pee through it! It's really easy! I don't sit when I wear those--kinda stand/straddle and hold the hole open. Just be sure to wipe the seat if you should spray a little bit.

wendibird22
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I've never owned spanx and my first thought to this thread, is "wait, they have holes down there?!" Please tell me I'm not the only one who had no idea they were like that?!

And I think we need to remember this thread come Dec 2012 when we are discussing best threads of the year.

cleo27
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I've never owned spanx and my first thought to this thread, is "wait, they have holes down there?!" Please tell me I'm not the only one who had no idea they were like that?!

And I think we need to remember this thread come Dec 2012 when we are discussing best threads of the year.

Yeah that - to all of the above! The only spanx I ever had were the ones that were like bike shorts. Never tried the body suit, but it sounds like a good idea with the right outfit.

TwoBees
07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm so glad you posted OP! This is the reason I have worn Spanx exactly once. And that first time didn't go so well. :bag

I might have to try them again though.

TwoBees
07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
:ROTFLMAO:
I want to clarify that on those occasions that the opening has been utilized, no clothing has been removed. And that's all I have to say about that.

:hysterical:

You go girl!