PDA

View Full Version : Which "Snap N' Go" / Carseat Carrier to choose?

Agni
07-21-2012, 02:59 PM
We have a graco infant carseat and looking for a good carrier aka "Snap N' Go" to buy. Seems like just about every brand makes them nowadays. Want something to be used any on shopping and to stay in the car (small trunk). It also has to be light and easy to fold/unfold.
Any advice?

edurnemk
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Do you have a stroller already? 'Cause if you do and it's not too big you can just get the adapter for the car seat and use your stroller frame to snap the car seat in. But if you specifically want a SNG just for the car, I don't have any first hand experience, but a friend loved one she had by Maclaren and it folds up umbrella style, however I'm not sure they make it anymore.

Agni
07-22-2012, 02:52 AM
edurnemk thanks for the reply. I found great reviews for "Maclaren Easy Traveller" but they don't make it any more.
The stroller I have is a pram so carseat is over/in it is not much of an option. Need something just for the car trips.

KonzaPrairie
07-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I bought a Keyfit Caddy for my Chicco carseat and thought it was great. However my main stroller now is the Uppababy Cruz and I wish I had the carseat adaptor for that instead of the Caddy (it wasn't for sale yet when DD was born). I think if I could do it over again I would have bought something like the Bumbleride Flite which is a nice umbrella stroller that has a carseat adaptor, because then you have a useful stroller when you're done toting the carseat around. So my advice is to pick a nice stroller that you can get a carseat adaptor for so you don't have to choose which one to put in your trunk when the baby is older. Sometimes I carry both the Caddy and the Cruz in my car not knowing which one I'll prefer to use when I get to my destination (depends if DD is asleep or not) and I feel a bit ridiculous doing so.

I know that doesn't actually answer your question. If you do decide to go with a stroller frame, I think the Graco or Maclaren would be best for you, then the Baby Trend Snap N Go would be my third choice (but you can usually get them really cheap on Craigslist).