PDA

View Full Version : Backpack markdowns?

Melaine
07-21-2012, 05:05 PM
When do the "good" places do the backpack markdowns? Does anyone remember from last year? Places like LE, LL Bean, Garnet Hill, PB kids? I think we are going to let the girls carry the character ones they have for the first few weeks until I can score a really great deal on nicer ones. Thanks!!

NCGrandma
07-21-2012, 05:13 PM
LE has a "30%off everything" deal right now (see other thread for codes), which of course includes backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. Probably not the best deal but decent.

Momit
07-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Two years ago in mid-November, I got a Garnet Hill monogrammed junior backpack for $8 and a regular size one for $11.

lhafer
07-21-2012, 06:21 PM
LLBean has this one marked down 56% right now (I got one for my daughter and it's great) http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70468?feat=5729-GN2&attrValue_0=Lake/Hibiscus&productId=1102216

Got this backpack and a critter lunch box for a total of $35.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70469?feat=5729-GN2&attrValue_0=Wave Flower&productId=1060792 This one is also on sale right now. Size is a little smaller than the Critter back pack - was great for my Kindergartner. Would still be using for 1st grade, but little sister got her old one, and DD1 got the new critter backpack.

cleo27
07-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Lhafer! Great price on that Critter pack so I just ordered one for DD. She really likes the color and design too, so it's a win-win! :)

Disappointed in the Lands End backpack she used for 2nd grade. One of the zippers came of the track and won't go back on, plus the design had a flap that folded over the zipper and was constantly getting stuck. I was going to return it to LE with their backpack guarantee, but then I looked it up and saw I only spent $9.xx on a huge sale, so decided just to get a different backpack with a different design.

Kindra178
07-22-2012, 09:48 AM
LLBean has this one marked down 56% right now (I got one for my daughter and it's great) http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70468?feat=5729-GN2&attrValue_0=Lake/Hibiscus&productId=1102216

The Critter pack is awesome. I bought two of the light blue discounted ones to donate to a backpack drive (too bad I don't have a girl or she would be using that one too) and the red snake for ds1 entering first. I wish I got this last year for kindergarten.

Melanie, this pack will last your girls a long time and will have additional uses once they need something new.

LE's 30% is another great sale (they did this last year too because I got ds1's backpack there last year around the same time for $24.99).

Garnet Hill free lunch bag when you buy a backpack is a pretty good deal too.

katydid1971
07-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Last Oct I got DS's LE back pack got $10.xx

Twoboos
07-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Disappointed in the Lands End backpack she used for 2nd grade. One of the zippers came of the track and won't go back on, plus the design had a flap that folded over the zipper and was constantly getting stuck. I was going to return it to LE with their backpack guarantee, but then I looked it up and saw I only spent $9.xx on a huge sale, so decided just to get a different backpack with a different design.

I had the same problem w/an LE backpack!! (Ended up superglueing the flap so it wouldn't get stuck!) Paid $10.49 for it and they are crediting me back and I am mailing it back to them (with their prepaid label). Not planning on buying LE backpacks anymore. The LLB ones still look brand new, I would buy from them in a heartbeat. Trying GH this year, we'll see.

brookemd
07-26-2012, 04:15 PM
FYI, I just used the current 10% off code (KUH4422) on this, so $17.99 each. I wish they had the orange/gecko pattern in stock as the hibiscus is a bit less "boyish" thank I'd like for DS, but totally workable.

jak
07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
How cheap to the critter backpacks go? I don't need one right at this moment and would like to get one at the rock bottom price.

marge234
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
deleted bad info I just posted about a lands end backpack. sorry if anyone saw it.

cleo27
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I had the same problem w/an LE backpack!! (Ended up superglueing the flap so it wouldn't get stuck!) Paid $10.49 for it and they are crediting me back and I am mailing it back to them (with their prepaid label). Not planning on buying LE backpacks anymore. The LLB ones still look brand new, I would buy from them in a heartbeat. Trying GH this year, we'll see.

Hmm, maybe I should return it. I'm torn since it was such a low price, but I'd like to let them know I'm dissatisfied and I expect more of LE products...