PDA

View Full Version : stroller for bigger child??? Help!

stamtorch
07-21-2012, 07:57 PM
So happy to find this site. I am in need of a new stroller for my 9 year old daughter. While she is small for her age she is big for mist strollers out there. She weighs about 45 lbs. If she was in a sitting position her height from rear to top of head is 24" and rear to feet is 26"
I need a stroller that is tough as she has special needs and enjoys rocking a lot(with an occasion bounce!) so shocks would be GREAT, LOL.
She may bang her head when she gets rocking so I need one that has a higher back. In her current stiller her head is above the seat back so she almost seems like she might snap her neck. I also need one that comes with a tray as she needs something to place her snacks in and the tray prevents her from leaning forward to try to grab at the wheels.

A large foot rest would be nice because she tries to put her feet on the wheel in the jogging strollers.

I had a jeep AT stroller which worked for awhile but her head goes above the seat back now and she constantly places her feet into the mesh in the foot well and pushes against the wheel (making it stop short and causes me to slam into the back)

Of course I would like to not spend $800-$1500 that is asked for the special needs push chairs, plus they do not usually come with a tray or basket underneath.

I need her to be in a stroller when we go places and we are an active family. While she can walk, she gets into everything and it is tough to even go shopping without her strapped into something. Plus use really loves climbing into her stroller (often trying to get into any stiller near by if I don't have ours.)

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for me??? Any assistance would be appreciated. We are scheduled to go on vacation soon and I would love to get a new stroller by then.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.:bighand:

Kaylee31
07-22-2012, 02:45 AM
I would check out the Baby Jogger City Elite. It has a 75 lb. weight limit & one of the tallest seatbacks available. I think it has 25 or 26" of room under the canopy. There is an optional snack tray for it too.

Smillow
07-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I would look at Valco strollers, they have a bunch of new ones out, but the Trimode has a roomy, tall seat and is supposed to be sturdier than Baby Joggers.

stamtorch
07-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your quick replies. After searching around I came across Special Tomato EIO push chair. It does not have a snack tray but seems to fit the size and weight requirement. It is in a similar price range as the strollers you mention. Anyone have any experience with a Special Tomato EIO???

spannaz
07-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Agree with Kaylee and Smillow. My mind went immediately to Valco or Baby Jogger, although I think Valco is built a bit sturdier- more like a tank so can withstand some abuse. And really great beefy air tires on the Valco Trimode, with tall seat back and large basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle
07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
When you said bouncy, I went immediately to the bumbleride queen b but it's not the most practical stroller, esp for travel, and she's probably too tall for it anyway. I agree with everyone that the trimode or BJ elite would be a great choice.

No experience with the special tomato.

JessK87
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Maclaren XLR it has a weight limit of 65lbs and is very roomy.