PDA

View Full Version : Baby doll clothing question--Corolle Calin

misshollygolightly
07-21-2012, 08:05 PM
I want to get a few outfits from etsy that will fit DD's beloved Corolle Calin 12" doll. I've found a seller whose item descriptions say they'll fit 12" Baby Alive--would they also fit Calin? Anyone know if Baby Alive and Calin can share clothes?

Also, I'm totally open to other suggestions if you have a favorite source or seller for clothes that fit a Calin doll. I just can't stomach paying $20+ for a true Corolle outfit, so etsy seemed like a good alternative. I'm hoping to spend closer to $10-12, shipped. Thanks!

Seitvonzu
07-21-2012, 08:22 PM
i seem to feel like our baby alive (the one that is "magic"--she has pretend food/juice) is more similar in size to 14" dolls.... we have calin/tidoo and i'd think they were smaller than baby alive. that said, i'm thinking about baby alive's clothes she came in and they are pretty small? it's hard to say-- the body types are so different. still-- i'd rather get clothes that were too big than too small...so you might be okay (i wouldn't think the baby alive clothes would be too big, iykwim?)

we have both 14" and 12" corolle clothes. when she was younger (she's 4.5 now but she was VERY INTENSELY into dressing dolls even before she was 2...she went through a whole period where she could sit and dress dolls for hours...literally), she would often use the larger clothes (14") on the calin/tidoo...it was a bit more forgiving, and she lived that i think :)