PDA

View Full Version : PSA if you have a white Hanna rashguard

wencit
07-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Don't let your kids wear their white Hanna rashguards to the beach, unless you don't mind spending 2+ hours power-blasting sand from between the layers! 2 soaked parents + 1 drenched kitchen floor + enough wasted water to buy a new rashguard = lesson learned.

jacksmomtobe
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
You might want to call HA customer service since it seems like the design of the item might be bad. I got a rash guard one yr from HA and the design peeled off after only a few visits to the beach. I called them and the were aware of a batch of the rash guards where this was happening. They asked me if I would use the rash guard plain without the design and when I said yes they told me to keep it and credited me in full for my purchase. I also had a problem with a defective zipper and the were very accommodating about getting me a replacement winter jscket for dd. So even though you might not typically complain about this type of issue it might be worth a call due to their incredible cs.

Good luck!

MontrealMum
07-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I've had the same problem with the white ones from Gymbo. Tiny particles of sand worm their way between the layers and, I assume, are much more visible against the white than darker colors.

LMPC
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM
I've had the same problem with the white ones from Gymbo. Tiny particles of sand worm their way between the layers and, I assume, are much more visible against the white than darker colors.

Yeah, we did too. But I just let it be. Didn't try and get it out. Figured it just added to the SPF :tongue5:

khalloc
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes, I have had the same problem with rashguards from Gymboree. I probably shouldnt buy white ones ever again.

boltfam
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Yep, I had the same problem with DS's white rashguard from LE. I think it must happen to all rashguards but is just most visible in the white ones.

MontrealMum
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I didn't work to hard to get the sand out either. But if you sell your DC's clothes it's worth noting. I've got a bunch of swim trunks that can be sold but w/o the matching tops because the condition isn't good enough. DS had a yellow and a green rashguard from LE last year and they're fine re sand. I think it's really just a problem with the white ones.

wencit
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know it happened with other brands, too. I showed my friend the rashguard last night, and he said he has one from LE that seemed to be a thicker material, so we figured it was a HA thing. Must never buy a white rashguard again!

I did have to work really hard to get the sand out, because it just looked absolutely awful with all those specks. At first, I even thought it might be mildew! I didn't want DS1's swim instructors to wonder why he had a salt-and-pepper rashguard. :p DH stood at the sink, tightly stretching the material with his hands, while I blasted it with the sprayer function of our kitchen faucet. Water splashed everywhere!

Live and learn, I guess!

WatchingThemGrow
07-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah, we've had that problem with an LLB one and gymbo ones.

SnuggleBuggles
07-23-2012, 09:47 PM
This was the first year I noticed it in our LE ones. I can't see the sand unless I look but it is there. It doesn't bother them so I ignore it. :)

ahisma
07-27-2012, 02:08 AM
It has happened to all rashguards that we have owned. LE, LLB, Hanna, Gymbo, Old Navy, Gap...

We spend a lot of time on the beach. I just let the sand stay. It's a losing battle.

mrshalco
07-27-2012, 10:26 AM
This was happening to our white ones too. I'm not sure of the brand - maybe old navy or just target. I think it's a white rashguard issue rather than a brand issue. I just throw it in the wash and call it a day :)

Claki
07-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Yep, happened to our Target ones too!