PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Flite?

knichole
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know much about the Bumbleride Flite? How is the push and suspension? Would primarily be used on sidewalks, themeparks, trips to the park, etc. Love the colors and the accessories too. Decent canopy? Tippy? I can't try one IRL so I would have to blind order and would love some feedback. Anyone that has seen the Jet in person, would it be fitting for a girl? I also like the Ocean and the pretty pink color but worried about it showing stains....

hollissmama
07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
It is a very cute stroller but not the best push wise, the Mac Quest I had pushed better and felt more sturdy. It was tippy but I feel like most umbrellas are. For any outdoor use I recommend an Indie or even a BJ city Mini would work much better on sidewalks. Plus you can hang stuff from the handles. :)

knichole
07-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Thank you! :) Do you happen to know much about the Cybex Onyx? Looks like the added weight might make it a bit sturdier and less likely to tip, but not sure about the fold or how it handles bumps.

legaleagle
07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Onyx is standard umbrella fold, and yes, they are extremely sturdy and non tippy. Have you seen the baby gizmo YouTube review?

knichole
07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
I haven't seen the review yet and it won't pull up at work (blocked site)...and unfortunately need to order in the hour to get it to me by Thursday! Leave it to me to procrastinate...Though these days it's more of a lack of time than anything else. :rotflmao:I like Callisto because of the single bar, but my arm already hurts just thinking about lugging it around. We'll be in Denver and on the train and Coors Field, along with some bumpy sidewalks, so hoping the Onyx will fold up compact enough for that and handle the sidewalks decently. At this point a BJCM is looking like it may fit the bill, though it seems like such a big stroller even though it folds small. I don't want to fight to get through crowds.

legaleagle
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Onyx has a shoulder strap (unlike Callisto,both have side carry handles) so I think it would be ok for pt despite weight. For your needs I'd likely go for the BJCM though. Ive found maneuverability to be more important than actual footprint for the most part and the 1 hand thing would be a big plus for that. If you're ordering from amazon can you just order both to see which one you like better?

knichole
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I never thought about ordering both and just returning one...not a bad idea! I don't know what Amazon's return policy is, but guess light wear would be okay. After all, how are you supposed to know if you don't like it until you use it? There were a few places I checked where it had to be in the same packaging and not used, at all. I get their point, but it's just silly. While I'm at it I may as well order the flite too, just worried it won't handle the bumps at all. It's just so small and pretty. :) Thanks so much for your help!!!!

legaleagle
07-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't think you can take it outside, but even pushing it around the house should give you a good idea of how you like them.

echoesofspring
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
I bought a flite last year as our travel, quick trips, etc. stroller. True confessions, though - from the reviews I kind of wanted an onyx b/c of the bigger canopy, but it was a hurried purchase and I couldn't get an onyx in time. I wish I could have tried them side by side.

So here's my thoughts, overall I'm happy with it, but take my opinions with a grain of salt as it's the only umbrella I've had/tried. We just don't have any stores around here to try things out. I think the canopy is probably my biggest gripe although it's probably decently large for an umbrella and I'm probably spoiled from the indie. The basket sucks, again, probably par for umbrellas. I have had it tip when I've got it really weighed down and forget to unload it before taking DS out, but I don't really fault the stroller for that. The straps that recline it have gotten kind of messed up and it's no longer a 1 handed manuvuer, but the same it true for my indie, and maybe I'm doing something wrong.

What I love about it - lightweight enough for our purposes. Gorgeous color. It's been on a ton of flights (we've had it about a year) and endured gate check abuse without any obvious damage. DS is 23lbs and I haven't had a problem with the push through the park, rough sidewalks, etc. And the full recline is great, that was a requirement when we were buying since he was just 5 months old, and we still use that with him. HTH