PDA

View Full Version : We've been sick

Gena
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
DS got sick about a week ago while we were visiting my parents in MI. There's nothing quite like waking up at 2am because your kid is vomiting all over you. He threw up 3 times (on me and the bed) and then said, "I'm done with the bed. I want to get dressed now."

He's a little trooper when he's sick, doesn't really complain, just wants to cuddle. He didn't want to be away from me all, even laying down with a pillow and blanket in the bathroom while I took a quick shower.

He had a mild fever the next day, but recovered quickly and was soon back to his usual self.

A few days after we returned home, and while DH was traveling for work, I got sick. It hit me much harder than DS, with a high fever, a lot of pain, unable to keep anything down, and lasting several days. (My fever finally broke last night.)

Before DH came home, DS did his best to try to take care of me. He was so sweet. He kept bringing me blankets, water, and small toys. He would put his hand on my forehead and ask me, "How do you feel?" He climbed into the bed and cuddled me, telling me that I would be OK. I was so deeply touched by his efforts. It was the most empathy he has ever shown. I really saw a new side of him.

egoldber
07-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Bleah. I hope you all are feeling better!!!!!

gatorsmom
07-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Before DH came home, DS did his best to try to take care of me. He was so sweet. He kept bringing me blankets, water, and small toys. He would put his hand on my forehead and ask me, "How do you feel?" He climbed into the bed and cuddled me, telling me that I would be OK. I was so deeply touched by his efforts. It was the most empathy he has ever shown. I really saw a new side of him.

Ah, don't you just love when they do surprising little things like that? A little silver lining to the icky sickness! :love5:

Hope you are all feeling better soon.

karstmama
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
i love seeing flashes of new empathy from ds, so i know that brightened your sick days! sorry you were feeling icky, though.

crl
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh I am sorry you all have been sick. But that's great that ds stepped up and was so sweet. :heartbeat:

Catherine

JustMe
07-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Sorry you were both sick. What a sweetie your ds is!

MamaKath
07-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Glad you are starting to feel better! I am sure that this empathy not only brings hope for the long term, but also will be a long term bond between the two of you.

jenfromnj
07-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Sorry that you were sick (and especially while your DH was away), but how sweet that your DS was trying to take care of you!

Sweetum
07-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Sorry to hear bout the sickness but so delighted and touched to hear about what our DS did!

JTsMom
07-27-2012, 09:15 AM
:grouphug: Hope you're on the mend.