PDA

View Full Version : It's back! Free Amazon Mom

brianaw
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=mofab-20

**I don't know how long this will last, so I would sign up ASAP**
***From what I've read, some people were having issues signing up if they have had a prime account recently. Worth at least trying though. ***

Benefits of the Amazon Mom Membership:
20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions
Includes a 5% Subscribe & Save discount plus an additional 15% discount exclusively for Amazon Mom members
Full access to Amazon Prime benefits
• FREE Two-Day Shipping
• Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of videos with a wide range of content for the whole family,
including Sesame Street and Phineas and Ferb
• A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
Hurry and sign up! This offer may not last long.

Note: After your 3-month trial, Amazon will automatically charge you $79 to continue your subscription. If you’d prefer not to sign up for that, here’s what you’ll want to do:

Click “Manage Prime Membership”
Then choose “Do Not Upgrade”
Then choose “Turn-Off Auto Upgrade”

Mom of XX&XY
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I tried but it charged me $79 effective today so I cancelled it.

mom2binsd
07-23-2012, 09:05 PM
I tried but it wanted to me to enter in my CC info, I was afraid to click...I haven't been on amazon mom in 18 months.

babybell
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
"If you have ever received shipping benefits through Amazon Mom, Amazon Student, or have had a paid or free trial Prime membership within the past 13 months, you are not eligible for the Amazon Mom free period."

So if you've had Amazon Mom in the past 13 months, you can't get it again.

AngB
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Interesting timing, considering they just started requiring Prime members to order at least $25 worth of smaller items that used to ship free Prime with no minimum.

brianaw
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Interesting timing, considering they just started requiring Prime members to order at least $25 worth of smaller items that used to ship free Prime with no minimum.

I haven't heard about this change! I still have my Prime membership with my old Amazon Mom (have yet to pay for it) and I would be so sad. I love Prime. My life wouldn't be complete without it.

Dang Amazon... don't fail me now!

June Mommy2
07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Can someone help me sign up for Amazon Mom? I am already a Prime member. However, it is a shared membership, and I am not the account 'owner'. I have tried to sign up for Amazon Mom, but it wants to charge me $79 for it. I would really love to get the discount on diapers!

hellokitty
07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks, I just signed up. We had amazon mom through Dh's acct and it's been expired for over a yr, so I signed up under my own acct this time.

MommyofAmaya
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM

What would be the point of paying for Prime then? I'm confused. Can you please share a link to this info?

sidmand
07-23-2012, 09:45 PM
What would be the point of paying for Prime then? I'm confused. Can you please share a link to this info?

It's mainly for really little stuff (that I've seen so far). Things under $5 or so that used to probably cost more to ship than to buy.

wencit
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
What would be the point of paying for Prime then? I'm confused. Can you please share a link to this info?Here's a link to the thread where Amazon's new Add-On program was discussed (including more links in thread itself):

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=436450

MommyofAmaya
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Here's a link to the thread where Amazon's new Add-On program was discussed (including more links in thread itself):

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=436450
Thanks.I miss all the news around here now that I WOH and have no access to BBB daytimes. :)

AngB
07-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Here's the thread discussing it in the Lounge:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=436450&highlight=amazon

Per other BBB'ers in that thread:

Yep, some of you called it. I had a jump rope sitting in my cart that was Prime eligible when I put it in maybe a week or so ago. Now it's an add-on. :irked: Not cool Amazon.

Just found this thread after someone mentioned it in the thread in bargain alert. There are definitely things I've ordered in the past with prime that are now add-on only, and it makes me MAD.

(These items weren't in the "add on" program when it first started/was discussed. My guess is they are seeing how much they can get away with and soon not much that's under $10 or X amount will be free prime shipping unless you add it with other stuff, which defeats the point of prime for me.)

wencit
07-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks.I miss all the news around here now that I WOH and have no access to BBB daytimes. :)What?! Work getting in the way of BBB time?! Blasphemy! ;)

TwinFoxes
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
"If you have ever received shipping benefits through Amazon Mom, Amazon Student, or have had a paid or free trial Prime membership within the past 13 months, you are not eligible for the Amazon Mom free period."

So if you've had Amazon Mom in the past 13 months, you can't get it again.

It seems from this if you've ever had Amazon mom you're not eligible, correct?

Interesting that current Amazon Mom members don't get the streaming video or Kindle lending, but new members do.

lexie's mom
07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Can we just use a different email address to create a new account?

citymama
07-24-2012, 01:31 AM
It seems from this if you've ever had Amazon mom you're not eligible, correct?

Interesting that current Amazon Mom members don't get the streaming video or Kindle lending, but new members do.
Sounds like it.

Yes!

specialp
07-24-2012, 07:58 AM

I wondered about this b/c at the bottom of the page it says that since it is one per household, it is limited. So DH has prime, but I am on his prime account. I didn't think it would let me since we are the same household. Anyone know?

3isEnough
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks OP!!

I just signed up using my extra email account (the one I use for CL and other stuff) and it let me sign up without any problem, even though I had free Amazon Mom on my regular email account in the past.

Don't forget to go into your Amazon acct after signing up to turn off the auto upgrade feature (for paid membership).

missym
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I just had a little online chat with Amazon about how I feel about their Add-on program. I renewed Prime a few months ago and am considering cancelling it. The CS guy was surprisingly responsive and claimed he was passing my comments along to their Prime dept. (who knows). I'm going to type out an actual complaint letter and email it, as well. Maybe if they get enough negative feedback (and cancellations/non-renewals) they'll get the message.

3isEnough
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I just had a little online chat with Amazon about how I feel about their Add-on program. I renewed Prime a few months ago and am considering cancelling it. The CS guy was surprisingly responsive and claimed he was passing my comments along to their Prime dept. (who knows). I'm going to type out an actual complaint letter and email it, as well. Maybe if they get enough negative feedback (and cancellations/non-renewals) they'll get the message.

I didn't read the entire add-on thread since I don't have Prime, but the thing that is currently frustrating me about Amazon is that their Super Saver shipping or whatever it's called now takes forever. It used to be I could get my >$25 order (without Prime) in 2 days with free shipping. Now it takes about 8 days. I have to wonder if Amazon realizes they are losing customers with this and the add-on program, esp since Amazon has or will begin charging tax in most states soon. Their prices are pretty comparable to Target for me, and since I have a Target 5 mins away it's a lot easier for me to shop there than wait 8 days to receive something from Amazon. I used to spend a lot of money with Amazon and now my purchases are about 1/10th of what they used to be.

Kungjo
07-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I shopped Amazon because it was convenient and tax free for me. Now that I have to pay taxes, it does cut into the benefits of shopping there. Unless they have stellar deals, I might as well just shop at the B&M stores near me. I would get it a lot faster.

The % discount on their save and subscribe items have also decrease so I may cancel those as well.

citymama
07-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I wondered about this b/c at the bottom of the page it says that since it is one per household, it is limited. So DH has prime, but I am on his prime account. I didn't think it would let me since we are the same household. Anyone know?

I signed DH up for Amazon Mom after my 12 months of Prime expired, and it hasn't been a problem. We now have free Prime thru October, and I want it to last through the holidays! So, if I can still add on Amazon Mom in September, I'll do so with another address.

Aishe
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
I signed up today (thank you, OP!) and I was thrilled because I thought it meant I could watch the second season of Downton Abbey. But Amazon's telling me I have to upgrade to a paid Prime membership. Feh on you, Amazon.

ang79
07-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I signed DH up for Amazon Mom after my 12 months of Prime expired, and it hasn't been a problem. We now have free Prime thru October, and I want it to last through the holidays! So, if I can still add on Amazon Mom in September, I'll do so with another address.

I'm holding out for a Sept. sign up as well so that I can sign up DH's account and hopefully get deals through the holidays. Though last year I bought very little before Christmas, they didn't have much for super great deals as they've had in previous years.

TwinFoxes
07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm holding out for a Sept. sign up as well so that I can sign up DH's account and hopefully get deals through the holidays. Though last year I bought very little before Christmas, they didn't have much for super great deals as they've had in previous years.

You've got to stalk the crazy Amazon thread we have every year. There were some pretty good deals. :) The really good deals started pretty late though, maybe around the 12/16 or so.

boilermakermom
07-25-2012, 10:14 AM
I am confused about the add on program for Prime members. I just ordered something Monday for $8.

arivecchi
07-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I just had a little online chat with Amazon about how I feel about their Add-on program.
Great idea. Doing this now!