PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a Chariot Cougar 2??

jjenniebug
07-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I recently saw the Chariot Cougar 2 at REI and I have a major crush on it! I don't jog or bike (only walking in the neighborhood). Would it be totally silly to get a used one on Craig's List or should I go with a BOB Duallie? Any advantages/ disadvantages to the Chariot when it's used for walking? Another consideration is that we live in hot Texas- any problems with the Chariot getting too hot inside?

I've also read about the Joovy Cocoon and Baby Jogger Pod, but can't seem to find any on CL, and I don't think I'm willing to buy any of them new.

Thanks for your help!!

Multimama
07-23-2012, 11:17 PM
You don't jog or bike? Forget the Cougar 2 and the Duallie, get the Indie Twin. :)

Seriously, I love my Chariot, but I wouldn't buy one if I wasn't going to use it as a bike trailer.

ElspethCordelia
07-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Yes. ;) You could probably do with just a Bob though.

I adore mine. I don't use mine as a bike trailer yet. For half of the summer my husband works at a summer camp and it's great in the woods and on trails there. We use it on neighborhood walks too, but it's not necessary. I really like using the rain cover in the winter to keep the wind away from them, but that's not an issue for you. It's been a hot summer in MI with some 100*+ days and a lot of 90*+. My kids didn't complain about being too hot in the stroller. We didn't use the bug shield cover so they got as much air flow as possible.

jjenniebug
07-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Multimama, is $300 a good price for a used Indie Twin on CL? It's a 2009 model purchased in 2010, good condition.

rileysmom
07-26-2012, 11:47 PM
One advantage of a chariot over a BOB is that your kids will have several more inches of height and growing room in the chariot. BOB's dont accommodate tall kids, my 3 year old is too tall for a bob. I dont know if you have tall kids, but that's one thing to think about. I have a chariot cabriolet and I love it, but I only use it as a bike trailer. I've thought about getting the stroller attachments, but havent done it yet.

roseyloxs
07-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Multimama, is $300 a good price for a used Indie Twin on CL? It's a 2009 model purchased in 2010, good condition.

If it looks like its in good condition I would get it at $300. I had a 2009 and loved it. Make sure you get all the included accessories: car seat adapter, harness covers, rain cover, and tire pump. If anything is missing I would look up what it costs to replace and ask to lower the price. All the current indie twin parts will fit on a 2009 (except for the carrycot, you would need a 2010 or older).

I think the indie twin would be great for Texas. The canopies are large and you can zip off the back for air flow.