PDA

View Full Version : Diva Cup ?'s

okinawama
07-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Something that continues to pop up is talk of the Diva cup. Many women on here consider it a life changing product, and really talk about it positively. I've often thought about jumping on the Diva cup bandwagon, but I don't really have any complaints about tampons. Having said that, I also thought all strollers were created equal, BF past a year was odd, FF was just as safe as RF (and the list goes on and on)... UNTIL I came here and read otherwise. So, is the Divacup THAT amazing even though I have no complaints about what I'm currently using?

wellyes
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
It's under $25, why not give it a shot?

I really like it. I used to change my tampon frequently - not because I needed to, just because that string bothered me. The diva cup, I don't notice it at all, I only empty it maybe once every 12 hours. It's like not having a period at all, almost.

chottumommy
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
It's like not having a period at all, almost.

I actually set an alarm on my phone in case I forget to empty it. Its that comfy and I hate tampons.

AngelaS
07-24-2012, 06:09 PM
After the first day, I only empty mine once a day. It almost makes you forget you're having a period, other than the cramps. ;)

Twin Mom
07-24-2012, 10:39 PM
I got the Mirena so I don't use mine anymore but it really is life changing IMO. To not have to worry about the string when wearing a bathing suit was great. I also would forget I was wearing it unlike tampons which I found irritating at times. Sometimes I would wear it for longer than 12 hours with no problem.

Give it a shot. Most people really like it. It does take a cycle or 2 to get used to inserting/removing it so don't be discouraged if it takes a little time.

DietCokeLover
07-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Totally agree with everything PP's have said. Truly transformed that time of the month for me.

okinawama
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Alright, I'm off to order it :)

Clarity
07-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I love my diva cup. I can leave it in all day and it doesn't leak, it's very comfortable too. I've never regretted spending the money on it.

There's a entire livejournal site devoted to menstrual cups so if you'd like other alternatives, check here: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/