PDA

View Full Version : Any ipad deals?

oneontheway
07-25-2012, 11:16 AM
The plan was to wait till Xmas but not sure I can hold out. I was wondering with the new ipad out if there have been any deals on it or the ipad 2?

Also can anyone explain why to get a wifi + 3G vs just a wifi?

TIA!

calebsmama03
07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
They've had refurb deals on the apple site. We got the wifi only (16) for $319 a month ago. Now the current deal is the wifi+3G for $399. The wifi+3G means you have the option to purchase a monthly data plan (for an additional cost, of course) so you can have access anywhere there is cell coverage (just like the iPhone) whereas the wifi only version on ly has internet access when there is a wifi signal you can access.

Just keep checking the refurb store. The wifi only has been OOS for weeks but can pop back any time.

oneontheway
07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
That is exactly what I've been looking for! And I had checked a while back and thought wow that's a good deal but went back and just saw the $399 one. Since I use Tmobile for cell I'm not sure I would use the 3G since I don't want to add another monthly fee however Verizon is our wifi carrier at home. Not sure if that makes a difference

Did you buy the warranty with yours?

urquie
07-26-2012, 12:56 AM
That is exactly what I've been looking for! And I had checked a while back and thought wow that's a good deal but went back and just saw the $399 one. Since I use Tmobile for cell I'm not sure I would use the 3G since I don't want to add another monthly fee however Verizon is our wifi carrier at home. Not sure if that makes a difference

Did you buy the warranty with yours?

I have a tmobile smart phone, with free Internet (wifi) sharing - just discovered this a few months ago, under settings! I can turn on my Internet sharing, and our (non 3g) iPad can use that wifi signal to contect to the Internet. Love it!

oneontheway
07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a tmobile smart phone, with free Internet (wifi) sharing - just discovered this a few months ago, under settings! I can turn on my Internet sharing, and our (non 3g) iPad can use that wifi signal to contect to the Internet. Love it!

Very cool! I thought they charged extra for that. I'll have to take a look at my phone. I'm really hoping apple has more of the non 3g in the outlet soon.

urquie
07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Very cool! I thought they charged extra for that. I'll have to take a look at my phone. I'm really hoping apple has more of the non 3g in the outlet soon.

Our internet sharing is free, with our unlimited data plan, on a htc hd7.

oneontheway
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Our internet sharing is free, with our unlimited data plan, on a htc hd7.

That is great! I also called Verizon our home fios provider and they said that we have portable wifi with our service which would be good.

calebsmama03
07-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I didn't get the warranty yet - you've got until the original warranty is up to purchase the extended one though. (Unless you want to buy via square trade, which some prefer to applecare, then it's only 30 days after purchase IIRC?). They'd had the non 3g in and out for a long time so I'd imagine when they do come back it will be the 319 price. I bet they're just trying to move a glut of the 3G ones since no one was buying them with the deal on the regular?