PDA

View Full Version : Did you use a Snap N Go with your second kid? Or a Sit N Stand?

ehicks
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I borrowed a Snap N Go for my first child and loved using it when she was in her carrier. I naturally assumed I'd need/want to use it for this second baby coming in November, before realizing that there would be nowhere for my almost 2 year old to sit.

We have the City Mini Double (side by side), and I don't think it has the capability of holding an infant carrier, which leaves me wondering what to do when I want to leave DD2 in her carrier but don't want DD1 running freely around.

Has anyone had experience with the Joovy Sit n Stand or any of the other brands' equivalents? Is there some other option I'm not thinking of?

BabyBearsMom
07-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I borrowed a Snap N Go for my first child and loved using it when she was in her carrier. I naturally assumed I'd need/want to use it for this second baby coming in November, before realizing that there would be nowhere for my almost 2 year old to sit.

We have the City Mini Double (side by side), and I don't think it has the capability of holding an infant carrier, which leaves me wondering what to do when I want to leave DD2 in her carrier but don't want DD1 running freely around.

Has anyone had experience with the Joovy Sit n Stand or any of the other brands' equivalents? Is there some other option I'm not thinking of?

There is an attachment you can buy for the City Mini double that lets you snap in a car seat. I think it is $50

mommylamb
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
I used the snap n go a lot when DS1 was a baby. I barely used it at all this time around with DS2! I ended up wearing DS2 so much more than I ever did with DS1. I hate the bucket car seats, and moved him early into convertible seats.

I would get the car seat adapter for your city mini if you think you'll use that though.

PZMommy
07-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I tried a sit and stand with my 2 year old, and he did not like the bench seat or having to stand. I thought he would be all excited about it being like a skateboard, but he wanted no part of it. Plus he still takes naps in the stroller, so I needed a place for him to be able to recline. If you go this route, I'd check one out in the store before buying one.

I'd go with the car seat adapter for the City Mini. Also since the City Mini reclines, you could even put the baby in that early on, if need be.

Dawn

crl
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I have never used a snap n go or any car seat attachment. Ds was way past an infant seat when we adopted him. And I was too paranoid about the way infant car seats restrict breathing to use the car seat for anything except actual driving in the car with dd. I was lucky and she was a baby who always fell right back to sleep when I transferred her to the stroller or my pikkolo/ergo.

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥
07-25-2012, 09:02 PM
With DS I used a Snap N Go all.the.time. I only had one DC, had no reason to babywear and I didn't really know what stroller options were there. With DD though, i knew more about other options and i never used one at all. She was a preemie and while she was in the hospital had several episodes of not breathing when she did the carseat tests (they put baby in carseat for 2 hours with monitors on)...apparently being in a carseat is not good for newborns bc it restricts airflow and preemies are especially susceptible to it. After seeing my DD turn blue several times, I vowed to really really try to not have her in the carseat when she wasn't in the car. I ended up getting a Vista that had bassinet attachment (so she could lie flat), and then I had DS ride on the Piggyback board. I did get an carseat adapter for our Vista but i must have used it a grand total of 10 times over the course of 9 months, and only when she was a little older.

As PP said, with my 2nd I ended up having to babywear a ton more. In some situations with 2 close in age (where older DC can't be trusted to walk on his own) there is just no way around it and it ended up being the most convenient solution. For example, grocery shopping trips with both of my 2 when DD was under 7 months (before she could sit up)..i had to wear her and have DS in the cart. I guess I could have brought BJCMD in, but then i'd have nowhere to put groceries.

hapimommy
07-26-2012, 02:54 AM
if you have a single that you love, you can purchase a ride on board to attach to the back. The one I chose was the englacha junior x rider, which has a seat as an option. My kids are 15 months and 3.5, and both want to ride on the seat on the board. I really like it and have gotten so many comments and compliments on it. However if you need the stroller recline for your older child, I would look into the adapter for your bjcmd. Hth!

roseyloxs
07-26-2012, 04:43 AM
As the pp said there is an adapter for the bjcmd but I don't think it gets the greatest of reviews. I would probably just lay the baby directly into the fully reclined seat for long outings. For short outings I would probably just use your snap n go again and let your older child walk or get a board that can go on the back.

BayGirl2
07-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm not a big user of carseats outside the car, for reasons other posters mentioned. (Plus I just think too much time in plastic devices increases the likelihood of head flattening.) But for my first I used the carseat in my Vista w/adapter occasionally for short trips. For my 2nd I think I took the carseat out of the car a total of 3 times ever. It was less of a hassle to wear her or to lie her flat in the double stroller. I'd just get a stroller that lies flat, which the BJCM does and babywear. I wouldn't get a less-effective stroller like a Joovy just because it takes a carseat.

sweetsoul99
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I have the BJCMD, which I love, but HATE the adaptor. It's not easy to get on and off, so I just leave it on. It double the width of the fold, so unless you have a mini van or suv, forget it. Plus I just don't feel that the car seat is very sturdy in it. It's 90 new, but I got mine for 45 off ebay.

I have a snap n go and LOVE it. It's great for quick trips where my older kids (3.5 and 5) can walk. Baby falls asleep all the time in it in the car so it's nice not to have to wake him up when we are getting in and out of the car.

However, my 3.5 yo complains constantly on longer trips out and about. for those I may just start putting my 5 mo straight in the BJCMD, but I don't like not being able to see him. Still looking at options for those.....