PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on a 2012 G-Luxe?

heppygirl
07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi all, I am pretty sure I'm going for a G-Luxe as my lightweight stroller (in addition to my Avio, which I love). I will be in NYC in September for 3 weeks and from what I've read, I like the sound of the G-Luxe the best.

I have a Volo, given to me as a gift, but I used it on a recent trip with my 6 month old, and I hated that it doesn't recline. He was all hunched over whenever he napped. I want to sell that in place of the G-Luxe.

I only see it for sale at Pish Posh. Any ideas on where else to look to perhaps find it on sale or use a coupon? Do I really need the 2012 or is the 2011 fine? Is there even a difference?

Lastly, any reason not to get a G-Luxe sight unseen?

Thanks!

ZivaZ
07-27-2012, 02:16 AM
I don't have answers for you, but if you don't mind, I'm curious why you're seeking a G-Luxe in addition to to your Avio. I'm just asking because I've been considering an Avio for travel, as a lightweight-plus.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

rileysmom
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I bought my g-luxe from www.wayfair.com and I found a 10% off coupon. Shipping was free and no tax.

heppygirl
07-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't have answers for you, but if you don't mind, I'm curious why you're seeking a G-Luxe in addition to to your Avio. I'm just asking because I've been considering an Avio for travel, as a lightweight-plus.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Thanks, RileysMom!

ZivaZ, I am considering the G-Luxe in addition to my Avio because I want something super lightweight as an option for the metro in Paris and the subway in NYC. The Avio is a bit much for me to handle up and down stairs (considering DS at 6 months weighs 19 lbs).

If you want a lightweight-plus, and truly don't mind the few extra pounds, the Avio is awesome. It is un-tippable (I've tried!) and the push is incredible. I never knew how good it was until I used a Volo on a recent trip and I was tired after half an hour. The fold is great and the canopy is fantastic.

Hope that helps!