PDA

View Full Version : MB Swift replacement tire different then original? (pics)

blue
07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi I ordered a replacement wheel and tire for my MB swift. The original rear wheel broke at the rim when a helpful bike shop owner tried filling it with air. Anyways, here is what the broken rim looks like 2442.

I ordered the post 2010 tires since I have the double mountain in the MB logo on my swift (per the directions on their website). The wheel that arrived is more narrow and light weight. Picture of original wheel on left and replacement on right 2443.

I plan to contact MB but I am wondering I any of you folks know the answer if the wheel I received is the older design or if I ordered the wrong one. Thanks!

Kaylee31
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
The replacement they sent you is the new style I believe. My Plus one tires have the X pattern on them also and it's fairly new.

blue
07-28-2012, 01:24 AM
The replacement they sent you is the new style I believe. My Plus one tires have the X pattern on them also and it's fairly new.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking it may be newer too. Off to contact MB next week, hopefully they will let me exchange the wheel I bought.

Kaylee31
07-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Now that I think about it, my 2010 Terrain had the X on the tires. Maybe it's a change they implemented in late 2010. Probably they improved them too. I think MB tires are great. I think i only added air to the Terrain's once in a year. I feel like I'm always pumping up my Bumblerides'.
Honestly I don't think it's a big deal or very noticeable. Now if there was 2 different back tires that would bug me, but not the front.

ETA: Well,:duh: you did say rear tire. Yeah, I'd want the rear ones to match too. If that's the only style available, tell them they should send a 2nd one for free. :)