PDA

View Full Version : Playmobil

acmom
07-27-2012, 07:54 AM
My DD recently got one of the little Playmobil figures (from the vacation set) and loves it. She has spent a lot of time looking at the booklet that came with it that shows all the sets too. I am thinking we will get her some more Playmobil for her upcoming 4th bday next month. She loves to do elaborate set ups with her Little People (pretend towns with families going places, etc.) so I am thinking Playmobil might be good for the next step of this kind of play.

I had a couple ?s for those of you that have Playmobil.

-How long did your children play with Playmobil? (I am hoping we will get a few years of play from it since it is a little pricey!)

-How did you store/keep track of all those little pieces?

AngelaS
07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
We started collecting Playmobil when my oldest turned 4. She's now 14 and just recently set up a whole spread for her sisters to play with.

We keep the big sets stored in closets on shelves. All the other things are in bins under a bed. Six big bins, to be exact...

mom2khj
07-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Playmobil is one of the few toys that DD1 (9.5) still plays with. 6yo DD2 loves it too.

endlessheather
07-29-2012, 07:16 PM
We have lots of Playmobil. My boys are 6 and 4 and still going strong. If you have an Ikea near these containers are perfect for storing the pieces and people. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80100029/

They have little dividers that you can rearrange to store the pieces. We use bigger boxes from Ikea to put the big sets, some are on a bookcase or just leave them out on the Nilo table as a village of sorts.