PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Board for Mac Volo?

tarynsmum
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Coming back to the board for the first time in years ("Hi Yall!") but I have a stroller question.

DD is 6.5, DS is 3.5. Next year (yes, I'm seriously planning this far in advance, shut your mouth!) we're going to Disney. So DD will be 7.5, almost 8, and DS will be 4.5. DD... doesn't have the best stamina. We were talking last night about Disney (yes, I'm insane) and she informed me that she will NEED a stroller, because her legs get tired and it's hot in Florida :/ OK. I am NOT buying a double. We just sold our beloved BOB Rev, and I wouldn't want to schlep it on the plane(s) regardless. I have a Mac Volo that we never use but keep because you never know.

So, my plan is to get a buggy board for it. I am willing to bet money that DD ends up riding in the stroller and DS ends up riding on the board (I see him loving that thing). Is this doable do you think? DD is 40lbs dead on, and *maybe* will gain a pound or two in the next year. DS is 30lbs; is a normal grower so might be 35 by then.

Or should I keep an eye out for an old P3, and sell my Volo to fund the old P3? Is that step really enough to stand on? It looks mighty tiny, like kids are tippy-toed on it to stay on. Honestly, I'm not really in favor of this idea because I REALLY don't want another stroller in my life. We're done having kids, and haven't used a stroller in any context in about a year.

ETA: OK, so apparently the older P3s are recalled? uhh....

roseyloxs
07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
A good board will probably cost you almost as much as another bare bones umbrella. I would look at the Mac Starck, Cybex Ruby, another volo, etc. You could sell it (or the old volo) when you get back from your vaca.

If you really want a board I am pretty sure the valco hitchhiker is supposed to fit Macs.

tarynsmum
07-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but then I'm pushing 2! strollers around... and it's not like either of them are going to ride the whole time (and DS probably not at all unless he is literally exhausted at the end of the night. He's not a stroller kind of kid).

Does the buggy board flip up when not in use? Or does it stick out the whole time? (Meaning, can I flip it up when she doesn't want to use it?) How easy is it to get on/off. I know the stroller won't fold while it's on, obviously. We'll be getting on and off trams and ferries, so it's useful knowledge).

I'm not going to buy one new (most likely going to stalk Craigslist and eBay over the next year). And then I'm most likely going to sell it off afterwards. Unless I get the Disney bug and want to go again the next year (a distinct possibility ;))

roseyloxs
07-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Yes the board will flip up when not in use. Removal is pretty quick so that shouldn't be a problem either. Have never used a board on such a bare bones stroller like the volo so wasn't sure how the push would be.

Good luck in your search. Not sure if a volo is too small for this but I remember some people saying they hang a volo or small umbrella on their other stroller. I also liked your idea of just upgrading to a P3 for the trip. It will probably be easier to find that on CL then a board.

tarynsmum
07-28-2012, 11:22 AM
There's a P3 on my craigslist for $75 (newer, with the 2 cup holder thing, so not recalled. Though I'll probably take the console thing off and leave it off). It's REALLY nice and clean... but it's white-ish leather. Which 1) sounds super fun in Florida, and 2) is LEATHER... I'd be terrified it'd get stolen.