PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? and question about new b-ready wheels

rileysmom
07-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I think I'm going to sell my brand new Baby Jogger Summit Double because I mainly got it for neighborhood walks and zoo trips. My 3 year old wants to walk or ride her bike in the neighborhood and at the zoo she wants to walk around. So I dont think I need this double.

So I'm trying to decide what to do. I've listed the summit and when it sells I'm trying to decide if I should buy a used single AT on craigslist, like a MBU or a single summit for my 9 mo old. She's tall and I think she will outgrow a BOB too quickly by height. OR I'm debating about just buying the new tires for my b-ready and call that good enough. How much better are the new tires on the b-ready for outdoors? Are they worth the $90? Do you feel like that would be a good enough zoo stroller then?

Also, I'm looking at getting a board for DD1 to stand on. It would either attach to the new AT, the b-ready or my gluxe. Which board do you guys like and recommend?

ckelly
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
I can help out on regards to the wheels for the BR. Yes, they are worth it imo. There are no squeaking issues and the push outside is night and day. Much bouncier and smoother. We haven't done a zoo trip yet but its my Dollywood theme park stroller and it has a fair bit of uphill. Handles it great now and that's with 65lbs combined kid weight.

rileysmom
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info ckelly! It doesnt look like they really have any tread on them. Do you wish they did or are they good without? Do you have an AT too that you use?

drcarpiodds
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I got the new wheels for my B-Ready...

A bit disappointed...

They are definitely an improvement over the original wheels that came with the B Ready, but still not quite as good as air tires...

I've used it for Stroller Strides fitness classes and did not enjoy a light jog with it at the park and on sidewalks... still prefer the SBS Bob Revolution... so it's doable, just not as good as air tires... I would even prefer to use my P+T explorer because it has air tires over the B Ready new tires...

I've used it at the mall, okay for this (the original reason I purchased the inline)... so okay for indoors...

I've used it at Disneyland... again, okay for walking around, although the B Ready push not being as good as a Bob, you can still feel the weight...

I would definitely invest in a good air tire stroller... Despite your oldest wanting to walk all the time, it may also still be a good idea to keep the double you have for when she is tired or wants to nap on a long day out at an amusement park, etc...

Just a thought... because my oldest (I have 3) loves walking, so we bought the MB freerider and attachments for our different strollers... he'll hitch a ride when he's tired of walking, but when he's ready to take a real rest during a longer outing (ie disneyland or zoo), I'm glad to have the Bob double because I can recline him, and he can get a nap, my youngest still able to sit in her seat, and my middle child can sit in the footwell of the Bob...

Anyhow, HTH!

ckelly
07-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I do have an AT (BR indie single) so for true AT activites I use that. I wouldn't use my B-ready for any kind of trails, running, etc but find it fine for theme parks, trips to the park etc. It's no AT but I don't expect it to do the job of a true AT. I think as long as your expectations are reasonable you'll be happy.