PDA

View Full Version : Is See Kai Run sizing comparable to Stride Rite?

maylips
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I took DS to Stride Rite to be sized the other day and they told me he was a 10.5. However, when I took him later to Target and had him try on size 10 shoes (because they didn't have any 10.5) they fit him fine. It makes me think Stride Rite goes up 1/2 size because of the way their shoes fit. Am I correct?

Anyway, found some Kai shoes on sale and didn't know if I should order the 10 or 10.5. He needs shoes now but obviously I'd like for him to be able to grow into them as well.

jerigirl
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Did he measure at 10.5 or you should buy a 10.5? They usually suggest buying a half size larger than what they measure for growing room. At SR I have found that the sizing varies with the different styles of shoes. Some run larger/smaller than others. I usually use the measurement as a starting point and go from there.

I would use the SKR size chart and measure your son's foot and compare. SKR typically runs wide.

WatchingThemGrow
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
We always bought half size up wide SR and the full size SKR at the same time. When DD had a 6.5w in SR, they fit her the same as a 6 SKR.