PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for easy-to-pull on elastic pants for a preschooler?

ourbabygirl
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I've gotten so spoiled with the ease of Carter's pants... well, now my tall preschooler is not even 4 but is growing out of Carter's.

Is there another store/ website you'd recommend for pants in a size 7 or above that are easy for a little girl to get on and off for pottying, dressing, etc.?
The hitch is that she has a toddler tummy, so they need to fit comfortably across that, or below it. ;)

I've thought of Target, if they have something plain/ simple enough (nothing blingy), or Old Navy, or possibly H & M. I don't want leggings because they might be too tight on her tummy, but boot cut pants would probably be fine (this is mostly what she's been wearing from Carter's, and from Target when she still fit in the toddler sizes). Bonus points if they're $10 or below!

Thanks for your help!

WatchingThemGrow
07-27-2012, 08:23 PM
My DD had the toddler tummy a lot longer than others, and we stayed far from Target and ON. They run narrow IME. some Gymboree or HA loose leggings, and even some vintage Talbots pants worked best for her. She basically lived in HA dresses/tunics with leggings, plus one pair of HA comfort jeans (now named carefree jeans.)

We got a pair of Crazy 8 flare yoga pants last year, and they were fine. Their jeans seemed to be the best fit for her this fall.

SnuggleBuggles
07-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Kohls Jumping Beans rock.

Canna
07-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Osh kosh
Gymboree
Hanna
Old Navy fleece pants

urquie
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Gymboree or Hanna andersson leggings. Those are the only pants my girls will wear (4 & 8yrs).

crl
07-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I recently got dd some LE yoga pants based on recommendations here and like them and think they would work for your dd. I do think LE runs a bit short/small.

Catherine

twowhat?
07-29-2012, 11:12 PM
HA striped bike shorts if you're looking for summer. They are very stretchy and fit much looser than the solid colors. Both of mine still have toddler tummies and these are really comfortable. And they're snug enough at the leg that when pulled down, they don't drop all the way down to the ankle - so it's easy for a preschooler to yank them down and then yank them back up all in one motions. They're my favorite for force-dressing a slow-poke preschooler too:)