PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a double?? B-Ready or Vista?

FieryOne1231
07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Our BJCM has been our one and only for our 3 1/2 yr. old. Now with DS2's arrival, I'm contemplating getting a double. But I'm wondering if it's worth it because I don't know how much longer DS1 will ride. What is the usual riding age? He still rides every time we go somewhere for an extended time like the mall, etc. But he usually gets out at some point. I really want a double stroller that can go to a single if I want it to because I don't think the husband will agree to it unless we can sell our BJCM and use the new double as our one and only. I'm looking at the new B-Ready or a used 2009 Vista selling for $325 on my local CL. Thoughts? TIA!!

drcarpiodds
07-27-2012, 08:18 PM
B ready if u want two seats and a decent push... I've heard its tough to push the vista with the rumble seat... U could use the vista with a buggy board, however if your oldest grts tired and wants to nap, then the board does u no good...

I have a b ready for my 4, 2.5, and 3 mo. old kids... The 4 year old still gets tired on longer strolls (shopping, zoo, etc), so I like having the extra seat...

carolinamama
07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I have a Vista that I use as a single for DD (12 mo). DS2 was 2y9mo when she was born. I did toss around the idea of buying the rumble seat but DS2 would have maxed out the weight limit quickly and thought it just wouldn't get enough use. So I bought a Bob Revo duallie for the neighborhood and day outings to the museum or zoo and used the Vista or Maclaren otherwise. If DS2 needed to ride, I used a carrier for DD.

Although I love my Vista and use it more than I ever thought I would, I do think I'd do the B-Ready if I knew I wanted it as a double most of the time.

hollissmama
07-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I suggest the Bready, our Vista was rough pushing w/ 2 kids in it, esp. on outdoor surfaces. I think a double is nice to have, makes it easier and more fun to go out w/ 2 little ones.

HannaAddict
07-28-2012, 12:31 AM
We used the rumble seat with a three year old up until she was four and exceeded the weight limit. We didn't use it as the long walk or every day double though since it works but isn't ideal, harder to turn. It was great to have in the car for when the older one was tired and we took it brought san Diego a d did two days at legoland with rumble
Seat and piggyback board for
Giant six year old. And did the San Diego zoo. It was great for that. If you only want one double, I'd get a side by side or Phil and Ted (had one of those too I really used a ton with child 1&2). The Vista is a great stroller, my 3rd child really loves it but not a true all the time double.

roseyloxs
07-28-2012, 07:39 AM
You could also consider the mountain buggy +one (http://mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double/plus-one). It converts from a single to double. You could also get the freerider and then you would have the option of using a single with board.. or a tandem double. I believe its the same width as the b-ready and vista but it has air tires so you would be more prepared for outdoor activities as well.

FieryOne1231
07-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for everyone's input :) The mountain buggy + one would be awesome...if I could afford it :tongue5: DH is definitely putting me on a budget. I still can't decide if I want to get the B-Ready or just a lightweight stroller like a Mac for DS1 and keep the BJCM for DS2...decisions decisions :confused:. But I guess I should decide before the free ride event is over! Thanks again ladies!

ckelly
07-28-2012, 02:28 PM
The free ride event ends this week I think. Just a heads up! I love my BR. It was the best I could afford on my budget.