PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone getting the Versa?

Kaylee31
07-28-2012, 01:31 AM
I see that Peppy Parents and some other retailers are taking orders and they are supposed to start shipping Aug. 3rd. I feel like we've been talking about this stroller forever & it's finally going to arrive after all the delays! Who's taking the plunge? Do you think it will live up to the hype?

poohbear
07-28-2012, 09:28 AM
I am really curious. If it could be the bjcm/bee crossover I hope it could be, I would consider it...

PZMommy
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I plan to buy it. I have the City Select as my double, and want something smaller for a single, but my baby needs to face me. So I'm going to take the plunge.

Dawn

Multimama
07-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I think I will get one, but I probably won't preorder. I've decided since I've already waited so long I might as well wait for a few reviews and try it out in person first. Maybe I'll also wait and see what the ABC show brings in September before deciding since we're so close now. (I'm hoping they have plans to release it in a less boring color choice and I would be willing to wait for that if it was coming soon. Or at least I'd like to see how the colors look in person before picking. I'm still confused about what kind of red that is!)

I'm pretty into babywearing right now and enjoying my BJCM + carrier combo so I no longer feel the urgency I did back in March.

queenmama
07-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe I'll also wait and see what the ABC show brings in September before deciding since we're so close now.

Word! Of course, whatever's at the show won't be coming out right away, and it could even take 8-10 months! :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed that the Versa weighs so much and doesn't have the "good" tires. It's got great features but I have a full-featured stroller on the heavier side, so unfortunately, the Versa doesn't make sense to supplement, as I'd hoped.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

hollissmama
07-28-2012, 02:19 PM
I can't wait to hear what ppl think about it and try it out in person. I hope it is awesome and will work for our next baby. BUt yeah with a new city mini and an almost 3yr old I can't justify ordering now.

Multimama
07-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Word! Of course, whatever's at the show won't be coming out right away, and it could even take 8-10 months! :rolleyes:

So true. I remember when the Cruz was all the rage at ABC and then it took sooo long to come out I was totally over it by the time I saw it in a store. I think all the hype backfired in that case. I'm glad I'm at least still excited about the Versa now when it is finally ready for release. That's got to be a good sign. :)

Strollerqueen said the retailers weren't excited about GT tires. I don't see why they couldn't offer them as an optional accessory ordered straight from Baby Jogger. How hard would that be?

Kaylee31
07-29-2012, 01:03 AM
MM, I'm totally with you on the GT tires. I don't understand why retailers wouldn't want them. And isn't it more important what consumers want?! I would happily buy optional forever air tires. It's not as good as true air, but certainly better than EVA & still low maintenance.

Well I just checked out the specs on the Versa product page & it says the Versa is 39.5" long! That can't be correct, right? By comparison, a. Vista is 31", B-ready/Select is 36", BJCM is 34". I'm really hoping it's a misprint and it's supposed to be 29".
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_versa_sngl_dtl.aspx

PZMommy
07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
According to the specs on their site they list the BJCM as 39.5 as well.

Dawn

strollerqueen
07-29-2012, 05:30 PM
ME! :yay: Oh my gosh, it is SO AWESOME! Pushed it all over last night, one handed! Such a smooth ride, not rattles. HUGE basket and really big seat. One of the biggest I have seen on a reversible. Fit SP 2.0 just fine, even when I fully reclined it for him to sleep. I love how user friendly it is. So easy to reverse and recline the seat, and to fold it. The handle bar and the footrest adjusts--not only up down, but out, too! The footrest I mean. You can slide it out for more length. So cool. :jammin:

PZMommy
07-29-2012, 06:42 PM
ME! :yay: Oh my gosh, it is SO AWESOME! Pushed it all over last night, one handed! Such a smooth ride, not rattles. HUGE basket and really big seat. One of the biggest I have seen on a reversible. Fit SP 2.0 just fine, even when I fully reclined it for him to sleep. I love how user friendly it is. So easy to reverse and recline the seat, and to fold it. The handle bar and the footrest adjusts--not only up down, but out, too! The footrest I mean. You can slide it out for more length. So cool. :jammin:

So glad to hear this! What color did you get. I'm debating between the red and green, but it is so hard to decide without seeing in person.

Dawn

Kaylee31
07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
According to the specs on their site they list the BJCM as 39.5 as well.

Dawn

Ah, ok. They have the select at 43.5", so it's obviously more compact than that. I got the other measurements from SQ's reviews, so obviously BJ has a different method of measuring.

So glad to hear this! What color did you get. I'm debating between the red and green, but it is so hard to decide without seeing in person.

Dawn

Me too, the green looks pretty in stock pics, but kind of blah in pics from the ABC show. The black looks super sleek but I think I like the red best.

Kaylee31
07-29-2012, 07:11 PM

Oh yay! Glad it is so awesome in person! I'm sold now that it has your stamp of approval. ;)

strollerqueen
07-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Dawn

I got silver. It's a really "Versa-tile" color that can work for different seasons. And also, it kind of looks "futuristic next-generation-ish" I think. It's really pretty, in any case.

strollerqueen
07-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh yay! Glad it is so awesome in person! I'm sold now that it has your stamp of approval. ;)
I really feel that it combines all the best features of the Mini, GT, and Select. The tires didn't turn out to be as big of an issue as I thought. I mean, I still wouldn't call it an A/T, but I had no complaints about it on average terrain.

abnihon
07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I can't wait to hear more reviews and try it in person!
I'm due in Dec with my first and still debating what stroller to get.
Definitely want a reversible, so I had written off the Citi Mini.
Was drawn to the Bumbleride Flyer for reversible handle and the colors, but mixed reviews have me a little hesitant.

How do we think the Versa will compare to the Cruz?
At first glance they seem very similar...

It looks like Versa may have a bassinet option sold separately? Do we know anything about it and how much it will cost?

I don't like the colors as much as Bumbleride : (
So maybe I'd just get black.

abnihon
07-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Wait - it looks like here you can buy the Versa with GT tires for more money.
Is this for real?!

http://bambibaby.com/baby-jogger-city-versa-gt-stroller-in-black-10696?zenid=0d7e8b265ba8837876aa06f252392d22

legaleagle
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Wait - it looks like here you can buy the Versa with GT tires for more money.
Is this for real?!

http://bambibaby.com/baby-jogger-city-versa-gt-stroller-in-black-10696?zenid=0d7e8b265ba8837876aa06f252392d22

Ooh, it says two sets of wheels included! So maybe BJ decided to sell them as an accessory after all?

Multimama
07-29-2012, 09:23 PM

I am so jealous. Are you going to review it? How soon? I cannot wait.

moll73
07-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I can't wait to hear more reviews and try it in person!
I'm due in Dec with my first and still debating what stroller to get.
Definitely want a reversible, so I had written off the Citi Mini.
Was drawn to the Bumbleride Flyer for reversible handle and the colors, but mixed reviews have me a little hesitant.

How do we think the Versa will compare to the Cruz?
At first glance they seem very similar...

It looks like Versa may have a bassinet option sold separately? Do we know anything about it and how much it will cost?

I don't like the colors as much as Bumbleride : (
So maybe I'd just get black.

Congrats on your first baby! #4 for us is due in December as well! I would also look at Valco Spark when it comes out. I love that it's reversible and the seat convert to a bassinet, so you don't have to purchase it separately!

moll73
07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Ooh, it says two sets of wheels included! So maybe BJ decided to sell them as an accessory after all?

Oh wow, that would be so cool! :bighand: We have the GT double that we are loving, but I think I want the Versa to replace out CM as our single. I'm so hoping this is true and that they either offer them as accessories or offer this stroller in other colors besides black. I really want the green. Thanks for the info.!!

I just checked Bambibaby.com again and it appears like they will have all the colors available with the GT wheels!!! Although, it's an $80 price difference, which seems steep for wheels. Can't wait to hear more about it.

moll73
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm soo happy to hear your review, now I am eve more excited and can hardly wait! Thanks! :yay:

queenmama
07-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I just checked Bambibaby.com again and it appears like they will have all the colors available with the GT wheels!!! Although, it's an $80 price difference, which seems steep for wheels. Can't wait to hear more about it.

I think it's worth it, but then I was willing to pay $150 to import the jog wheel from the UK for my Apple. ;)

Multimama
07-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm skeptical about that Bambibaby site. Why haven't we heard about this from anyone else? And in the UK where they are selling both models I know they are doing something to the frame/wheels so that the two sets are not interchangeable.

Hmm.

moll73
07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm skeptical about that Bambibaby site. Why haven't we heard about this from anyone else? And in the UK where they are selling both models I know they are doing something to the frame/wheels so that the two sets are not interchangeable.

Hmm.

Yes, I agree it is interesting, since no one else has the scoop. I ordered a dresser from that site 2 years ago with no problem, so I know they are at least legit. Also, the stock pictures are of the standard City Versa. Guess we will just have to wait and see some more...

Multimama
07-30-2012, 10:46 AM
I wish you hadn't started this thread, Kaylee! I was all ready to wait and see with the Versa, but now I think I just can't wait another second. August 3rd, you say?

hollissmama
07-30-2012, 02:04 PM
multimama, post a review w/ your vanilla ice cream if you order! I would def love to see how it compares. I think it looks like a perfect stroller.

moll73
07-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Anyone want to volunteer to call Bambi Baby and ask about the GT version??? :applause:

strollerqueen
07-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I just asked BJ what the latest scoop is on the wheels. I will post when I hear.

Multimama
07-30-2012, 03:24 PM
multimama, post a review w/ your vanilla ice cream if you order! I would def love to see how it compares. I think it looks like a perfect stroller.

Even if I don't order now I will be at our local store on August 3rd checking it out if they put one on the floor. :D

moll73
07-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I just asked BJ what the latest scoop is on the wheels. I will post when I hear.
Yay, thank you!! :cheerleader1:

strollerqueen
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
OK, found out! The Bambi site is not correct. Baby Jogger is currently listening to customer feedback to determine whether to bring in the extra wheel kit, or to launch a limited edition Versa with GT wheels. So there you have it! :bouncy:

hollissmama
07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Even if I don't order now I will be at our local store on August 3rd checking it out if they put one on the floor. :D

awesome! Wonder when BBB will get them in stock?

That is great to hear about the GT wheels too! I really liked those on our walks. :applause:

Multimama
07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
OK, found out! The Bambi site is not correct. Baby Jogger is currently listening to customer feedback to determine whether to bring in the extra wheel kit, or to launch a limited edition Versa with GT wheels. So there you have it! :bouncy:

Thanks, Strollerqueen! I would love it if you could get the GT wheels as a second set! (Are you listening Baby Jogger? Make the wheel sets interchangeable, please. :)

moll73
07-30-2012, 07:46 PM

Thanks, bummer about Bambi, but good news that BJ is considering both those options. Although, I'm assuming that will be a while, don't you think?? Really makes it a difficult decision whether to take the plunge now or wait it out. What's everyone else going to do?

Multimama
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks, bummer about Bambi, but good news that BJ is considering both those options. Although, I'm assuming that will be a while, don't you think?? Really makes it a difficult decision whether to take the plunge now or wait it out. What's everyone else going to do?

That's one of the reasons I think they should go for making the GT wheels available to purchase separately. This stroller is supposed to be released this week and people can already preorder. To announce only later that their will be a GT version when the people most excited about it have already ordered the regular version? That just seems wrong. But to bring out a cool new accessory? YES!

poohbear
07-30-2012, 08:38 PM

I'm disappointed that the Versa weighs so much and doesn't have the "good" tires. It's got great features but I have a full-featured stroller on the heavier side, so unfortunately, the Versa doesn't make sense to supplement, as I'd hoped.

I wish it weighed less - I was hoping for more of a bee competitor...

I am so jealous. Are you going to review it? How soon? I cannot wait.

I started a new thread with SQs review but here it is :) I love the silver with black frame
http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/baby-jogger-city-versa-review.html

PZMommy
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I would love it if they would make the GT wheels to be purchased separately, just like Britax did with the B Ready. I don't want to have to buy yet another stroller. However, I would buy the extra wheels to use when needed.

My local BuyBuy Baby said they wouldn't be getting the Versa until September, when I asked them last week.

Dawn

mackmama
07-31-2012, 10:43 PM
I saw that it weighs 26 pounds. That seems really heavy to me. I'd be interested if it weighed closer to the Bee.

strollerqueen
08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I saw that it weighs 26 pounds. That seems really heavy to me. I'd be interested if it weighed closer to the Bee.
The Bee Plus is about 21.5 pounds, I think. So it's a little heavier than they state.

saradelphina
08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Hi everyone, lurker in here...:wavey:

Just got our Versa today, and I love it. For reference, I've also recently owned the Bumbleride Flyer, as well as the Uppababy Cruz. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I'm happy to help. Very happy with our purchase, the Versa is a truly awesome stroller!!

Multimama
08-03-2012, 01:09 PM
My local store has the Versa on the floor. Going to go look at it this afternoon. :yay:

moll73
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
My local store has the Versa on the floor. Going to go look at it this afternoon. :yay:

Awesome, is it a BuyBuy baby? I can't wait to hear what you think!! Wonder if you will come home with it!

hollissmama
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Awesome, is it a BuyBuy baby? I can't wait to hear what you think!! Wonder if you will come home with it!

:yeahthat: tell us all about it!

Multimama
08-03-2012, 08:58 PM

I didn't check there. I couldn't have come home with it even if I wanted to because I lost my credit card earlier this week and the replacement is in the mail. :)

Here are my first impression. I keep thinking of more things to add!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=438352