PDA

View Full Version : BTS Deals 2012- Week of 7/29-8/4

JTsMom
07-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Staples
Atlanta area ad:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2278027&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=Staples-120729&listingid=0&sneakpeek=Y

Penny Deals
Paper clips
Folders
Pocket Tissues

Bic Mechanical pencils
Prang chalk

Comp books

$1
1" Avery binders
4x6 poly snap envelope
Compass
Protractor
Dry erase marker
Designer comp books

$2 Crayola washable stuff

and much more
$1 after rebate printer paper

JTsMom
07-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Office Max has nothing much to offer- weird.

Office Depot
http://officedepot.shoplocal.com/OfficeDepot/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2279959&PromotionID=80442&PromotionViewMode=1

Penny folders
.25 comp books (I think this is the lowest we've seen this year), Scholastic crayons, pens, small hand sanitizer
$10 backpacks

$1 Really useful boxes
Papermate pens
Soap
Mini Metal storage bins
bookcovers
highlighters
scissors
erasers
rulers

There are a bunch of $2, $3 and $4 deals as well- nothing thrilling imo.

WatchingThemGrow
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Office Max has nothing much to offer- weird.

Office Depot
http://officedepot.shoplocal.com/OfficeDepot/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2279959&PromotionID=80442&PromotionViewMode=1

Penny folders
.25 comp books (I think this is the lowest we've seen this year), Scholastic crayons, pens, small hand sanitizer
$10 backpacks

$1 Really useful boxes
Papermate pens
Soap
Mini Metal storage bins
bookcovers
highlighters
scissors
erasers
rulers

There are a bunch of $2, $3 and $4 deals as well- nothing thrilling imo.
Wait, Office Max has B2G2 free Expo dry erase markers. That's a decent deal if you didn't get the Staples store-brands from last week.

Corie
07-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Walgreen's has the Ticonderoga pencils on sale.

10 pencils for 99 cents

This is usually when I stock up on pencils.

JTsMom
07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Big Lots
http://www.biglots.com/browse/back-to-school/school-supplies-and-more

I think these are more seasonal than weekly deals, but there are some bargains- index cards poly folders, etc.

JTsMom
07-29-2012, 11:45 AM
For the southerners- Publix, through Wed. or Thurs depending on your store:
3/$1
Crayola 24 crayons
Dixon pencils
Elmers glue bottles
notebooks

2/$1
comp books
pens

5/$5
Mechanical pencils

3/$2
glue sticks

BOGO
poly folders .79

JTsMom
07-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Wait, Office Max has B2G2 free Expo dry erase markers. That's a decent deal if you didn't get the Staples store-brands from last week.

I just went through the ad twice and don't see those. Either I'm crazy, or it must be regional. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of either possibility. ;)

Mine had some B2G1 deals on binders, and something about penny backpacks with rewards points, but I don't see the usual penny type deals. Guess they're throwing in the towel early this year?

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I just went through the ad twice and don't see those. Either I'm crazy, or it must be regional. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of either possibility. ;)

Mine had some B2G1 deals on binders, and something about penny backpacks with rewards points, but I don't see the usual penny type deals. Guess they're throwing in the towel early this year?

Ours had penny deals (free crayons, penny rulers, $.10 pens, Dixon pencils) plus the b2g2 free expo markers. Sorry yours didn't! How weird!

o_mom
07-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Here's what I got this week (based on my lists):

Walgreens:

Expo Markers - $1.99/4 pk <-- Cheaper than OM as they are $5.29/4, so even with the B2G2 at OM it is over $2.50/4pk
Highlighters - 6 pk skinny Multicolor $0.49, 4 pk fat multicolor $0.99
Ticonderoga pencils $0.99

Office Max (regional?):

Erasers 5pk/$0.25
Protractor $0.05
Compass $0.05

Meijer:

Pens (papermate) 10pk 3/$1

Office Depot:

Pocket folders $0.01

Staples:

1" Binders, black or blue, $1 ea w/$5 purchase
Jumbo Glue sticks $2/2pk

Also saw...

Kroger:

Papermate pens, 10 pk, 3/$1

TRU:

Crayola crayons 4/$1 - I didn't need these, but would price match at Walmart if I did because TRU is too far to drive.

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Here's what I got this week (based on my lists):

Walgreens:

Expo Markers - $1.99/4 pk <-- Cheaper than OM as they are $5.29/4, so even with the B2G2 at OM it is over $2.50/4pk
Highlighters - 6 pk skinny Multicolor $0.49, 4 pk fat multicolor $0.99
Ticonderoga pencils $0.99

Yeah, those are good prices for the markers. The ones I got are these (http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/pens-pencils-markers/markers/dry-wet-erase-markers/product-prod3520215?history=iq6p1oqc|prodPage~15^freeText~ expo+low+odor^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^pa ram~return_skus^return_skus~Y) and the thin ones like them
DD loves the pink and purple dry erase markers, and I'm pretty sure she picks those when given the chance at school.

o_mom
07-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, those are good prices for the markers. The ones I got are these (http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/pens-pencils-markers/markers/dry-wet-erase-markers/product-prod3520215?history=iq6p1oqc|prodPage~15^freeText~ expo+low+odor^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^pa ram~return_skus^return_skus~Y) and the thin ones like them
DD loves the pink and purple dry erase markers, and I'm pretty sure she picks those when given the chance at school.

Yeah, the standard 4pks are cheaper elsewhere, but if you are getting one of the other packs, the OM special is a good deal. We go for cheap around here. :)

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, the standard 4pks are cheaper elsewhere, but if you are getting one of the other packs, the OM special is a good deal. We go for cheap around here. :)
The deal's over now, but staples had black ReMarx for pretty cheap a couple weeks ago. We got lots of those. I forget the price, don't know about the quality, but that's why I went for the crazy colors this time!

o_mom
07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
The deal's over now, but staples had black ReMarx for pretty cheap a couple weeks ago. We got lots of those. I forget the price, don't know about the quality, but that's why I went for the crazy colors this time!

I saw that, but our list specifies 'Expo' and it's one of the few (only?) brands specified, so I figure they want those. We also need some crazy number of them (6 per kid!).

WatchingThemGrow
07-30-2012, 07:16 AM
I saw that, but our list specifies 'Expo' and it's one of the few (only?) brands specified, so I figure they want those. We also need some crazy number of them (6 per kid!).
LOL - Yes, I'm feeling pretty bad about buying store brand for the black ones since I'm a former teacher at DD's school! :bag Maybe I'll go back and get more of the good ones.

Corie
07-30-2012, 08:43 AM
We also need some crazy number of them (6 per kid!).

That is a lot of Expo markers needed for each kid!! Holy cow!

pjsmom30
07-30-2012, 09:43 AM
That is a lot of Expo markers needed for each kid!! Holy cow!

I'll beat that....DS needs 48 pencils. That's more than one per week. Oh, and they all have to be sharpened!

Corie
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM
I'll beat that....DS needs 48 pencils. That's more than one per week. Oh, and they all have to be sharpened!

Okay, that's the bitch right there!! Sharpening 48 pencils will take you
all night!

Melaine
07-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Anyone know the best price for twistable crayons? And they didn't specify size, wonder which one?

ett
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM

We have to send in 48 pencils too!

Melaine
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
What in the world are they doing with that many pencils?

o_mom
07-31-2012, 03:02 PM
What in the world are they doing with that many pencils?

Most of the classrooms I have seen are set up with bins of pencils at each group of desks (or each table in K) as well as bins at each 'station' around the room. They have one bin for sharp, one for dull. When a child needs a sharp one, they take one and put the old one in the 'dull' bin and those get sharpened all at the same time (usually by a parent volunteer at our school). It really saves on the trips to the sharpener, which with younger kids can take time and lead to distraction, group following (one gets up, they all get up... it will be anarchy).

If there are 8 or so pencil bins with a 1-2 pencils for each child, that is a dozen right there. Figure replacement every quarter, lost pencils, some that don't sharpen well, etc. and four dozen doesn't seem like too many... now SIX dozen for a third grader (friend's list) that seems excessive. :p

pjsmom30
07-31-2012, 03:42 PM
We have to send in 48 pencils too!

you don't happen to live in Berlin, do you??

gordo
08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Anyone seen good deals on large glue sticks?

o_mom
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Anyone seen good deals on large glue sticks?

How big? Staples has their Jumbo ones (1.4 oz) $2/2pk this week. That's usually the best price I see on them for the BTS season.

KpbS
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Anyone know the best price for twistable crayons? And they didn't specify size, wonder which one?

I think the twistables are cheapest at Walmart. I don't remember the exact price but last week I noticed it was the cheapest price I had seen anywhere.

chlobo
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Anyone know what the cost of Crayola colored pencils are normally at Walmart? I know that around this time of everything is sort of permanently on sale.

o_mom
08-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Anyone know what the cost of Crayola colored pencils are normally at Walmart? I know that around this time of everything is sort of permanently on sale.

12pk is around $0.97, 24pk around $2.84

Melaine
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
For the southerners- Publix, through Wed. or Thurs depending on your store:
3/$1
Crayola 24 crayons
Dixon pencils
Elmers glue bottles
notebooks

2/$1
comp books
pens

5/$5
Mechanical pencils

3/$2
glue sticks

BOGO
poly folders .79

My publix also had Fiskars scissors on clearance (weird?) for $1.20. Not really sure how great of a price that is.

chlobo
08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
12pk is around $0.97, 24pk around $2.84

Thanks. I'll check that out today. Is there a website that tracks the lowest prices of school stuff? I"m wondering about the washable markers and crayola paints and glue sticks (big ones but not really big ones)

lilhilly
08-02-2012, 05:12 PM

The Ticonderoga 10-pack that is .99 at Walgreens this week is "pre-sharpened" :-)

diamond
08-03-2012, 11:27 PM
This is my first time shopping for school supplies? Which is good place to get colored pencils, watercolors, construction paper, Small paint brushes, comp books. I'm surprised they didn't ask for crayons at all. Walmart is closest to us. Target is about 20 min away and toyrus is more far. Do ou think it is best to just go o Walmart and o shopping? Will Walmart price match? If yes how to do it? Ty

o_mom
08-04-2012, 04:16 AM
This is my first time shopping for school supplies? Which is good place to get colored pencils, watercolors, construction paper, Small paint brushes, comp books. I'm surprised they didn't ask for crayons at all. Walmart is closest to us. Target is about 20 min away and toyrus is more far. Do ou think it is best to just go o Walmart and o shopping? Will Walmart price match? If yes how to do it? Ty

Walmart is probably your best bet. They will price match at the register with no issues. I usually take the ad along, but most times they just go on your word when you say 'Target has it for XXX in their ad'. If you are trying to do multiple PMs, I would have the ads with you. It must be the same brand and size.

Also, don't forget places like Walgreens and CVS, grocery stores and office supply stores. With that small of a list, it may not be worth it, though and you have to watch to make sure it's a deal. Also, those places count on getting you in with the deals hoping you will buy the rest of your list there at their regular prices which are higher than Walmart.

chlobo
08-06-2012, 08:03 AM
My last items to get are:

Expo Markers & the .77oz Glue sticks. What are the best prices people have seen on these?

I'm guessing the 4 expo markers for $2.50 at Walmart is probably best?

o_mom
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
My last items to get are:

Expo Markers & the .77oz Glue sticks. What are the best prices people have seen on these?

I'm guessing the 4 expo markers for $2.50 at Walmart is probably best?

Walgreens has the 0.7 oz glue sticks for $0.39 this week. You need the coupon from the flyer, but they usually have them in store. The Walmart Expo price is pretty good - I haven't seen one better this week.

chlobo
08-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks o_mom. I'm going to go stockup on glue sticks this week.

o_mom
08-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks o_mom. I'm going to go stockup on glue sticks this week.

Limit 3 per customer/transaction (except in NM) and YMMV on how strict they are, but they had no problem with my 8 yo buying some for himself. :)

gordo
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
At my Walgreens the .39 glue is .2oz not .77oz.

o_mom
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
At my Walgreens the .39 glue is .2oz not .77oz.

Hmm... their ad here says 2 oz (not 0.2).

When I went, the product on the rack was .71 oz - Wexford Jumbo Glue Stick. I asked if that was the right product and they said the shelf label and ad were incorrect on the size and it was the 0.71 oz. The 0.71 oz ones ring up at 39 cents w/coupon here. If your ad says "Jumbo", I would insist they honor it on one labelled "Jumbo".

gordo
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Went to another Walgreens who didn't say a word about what size glue stick and let me buy 4 for the sale price. Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need a good deal on wet ones hand wipes.