PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Disney compound?

hoodlims
07-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Our friends have invited us to join them at the Disneyland hotel for character brunch next weekend. We are planning on going, but don't want ti pay 30-40 for parking. I see parking at Downtown Disney is free for the first 3 hrs, then less expensive per hour thereafter. Can we park there and take the monorail to the hotel? How long does that take?

Tia!

TwinFoxes
07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
You could park at DTD and walk about 7 minutes. The hotel is next to DTD. The monorail only goes from inside the park to DTD, it doesn't sound like you're doing the park, correct?

ETA: I also think you can park for free/cheap in the hotel lot if you have a character meal. You should really call and ask, it would be a bummer if you find out you could have parked right there.

hellokitty
07-29-2012, 09:13 AM
If you are there with a reservation, you should be able to park for free. At least that is the way it works at wdw.

lalasmama
07-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Absolute worst case scenario would be $15 for parking, which is what it costs to park when heading to the parks at DLR. I'd expect it to be less at the hotel, especially since you will be there for a meal. Our character meal lasted under an hour. Even with friends, I can't imagine it going much beyond 90 minutes.... But I get annoyed/anxious sitting around restaurants without other adults, so DD and I eat pretty quick. The character meals annoyed the living poop outta me--DD would eat a bite, then Minnie was there. Another bite, then Chip. Another bite, then Fairy Godmother. Another bite then Rafiki. Another bite, and there was Hook. Any wonder it took her 30 minutes just to eat one Mickey waffle?? My kid can out-eat me at lunch and dinner time, and yet, at the character meal (an 10:45am breakfast) she ate less than she's eaten in years, because of all the interruptions (which, I know, is expected. Just didn't expect it to impact her eating so much!).

Unlike at WDW, the DLR monorail is not a form of "transportation" per se, but more of a ride themed as transportation, if that makes sense. Also, the monorail is inside the park gates, so you can't even get near it without park admission.

Do be prepared that they will take your picture upon entering, and then try to sell you a $35 picture package.

Have fun! I don't know when we're heading back, and I miss DLR sooo much!

hoodlims
07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the tips! I called the Disneyland Hotel today and received great. Customer service. She told me that anytime you eat at a hotel restaurant, you can get your parking validated for 5 hours. Great! We are in!

AnnieW625
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the tips! I called the Disneyland Hotel today and received great. Customer service. She told me that anytime you eat at a hotel restaurant, you can get your parking validated for 5 hours. Great! We are in!

Yes and if you ever go to DTD/Disneyland and need validation the bar outside at DTD will do it for 5 hrs. as well, and we didn't even eat there. We always made sure we had a couple of bucks unless we went over, but one time the gate lady gave us 20 minutes for free that we were over the 5 hrs.