PDA

View Full Version : Like the BJCMD/B-agile double for under $250?

todzwife
07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Is there a double stroller with a decent weight limit (50 pounds per seat) that is less than $250, reclines and has a decent basket or am I totally out of luck?

hollissmama
07-30-2012, 05:15 PM
maybe CL? Is this for your disney trip? Good luck!

todzwife
07-30-2012, 05:21 PM
maybe CL? Is this for your disney trip? Good luck!

Our craigslist has NOTHING. I wish I would have held on to our BJCMD but DH insisted I sell it! Argh!

Yes, it's for the Disney trip in November. I'm giving my brother the graco quattro for his baby (they have a graco car seat) and I can just take the valco quad but I KNOW my 6 year old is going to poop out...I just know it!

hollissmama
07-30-2012, 06:59 PM
hmm yup my ds would never make it through disney even at 5 or 6. He barely makes it to the end of the block. Nothing worse than whining every 10 minutes either to make the day seem long. You could buy and sell after or rent?

abh5e8
07-30-2012, 07:35 PM
you can rent a BJCMD :)

hapimommy
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I know it is not britax or bj, but joovy makes good quality mid-priced items. There is a review of it on baby gizmo. Sells for 229. I have a zoom ats. And their cs is good. Hth.

todzwife
07-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh thanks for the joovy suggestion! I'm not a brand snob at all. I just don't want to have to carry my 2 year old back every night because my 6 year old stole her stroller (which happened in March and my back can't do that again).

I have my b-ready but I would cry if it got stolen and I don't really want to mess with locking it up every.single.time we leave it.

I am considering just bringing a cheap umbrella stroller that hooks on the side of the valco, but I'm not sure how I'd push them back to the hotel if DH stays w/ DS like he did last time.

strollerqueen
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
If you do choose the Joovy, get the Ultralight. It really is light, and the ball bearings in the wheels makes it push remarkably well. The only thing is that it isn't great for napping, in case your children are stroller sleepers.

todzwife
08-01-2012, 04:59 PM
If you do choose the Joovy, get the Ultralight. It really is light, and the ball bearings in the wheels makes it push remarkably well. The only thing is that it isn't great for napping, in case your children are stroller sleepers.

They both are (even the 6 year old slept on our last Disney trip, she wears out quickly)...no sit and stand type options for us, unfortunately.

DH doesn't want to buy another stroller, but I told him I can NOT push the 6 year old and carry the 2 year old back again. I actually like the quattro, but I can't push it one handed, so I can't push 2 strollers back alone.

Unfortunately, the stroller situation has been one of my biggest stresses for our Disney trips (we go every year). We've done the 2 singles, which worked fine when DS used one and DD1 used the other, we've done one single (last time) and I regretted it every night I had to push it back w/ my 6 year old sleeping and my 2 year old strapped to my back.

Ideally, I'd get a lightish double umbrella w/ decent recline and a good push, but I don't think that exists.

strollerqueen
08-02-2012, 01:55 AM
I have an older Mac Concorde Duo that's fantastic, and an older M and P Microtwin that's amazing. Have you looked for something like that? How about the Inglesina twin Swift?

todzwife
08-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I have an older Mac Concorde Duo that's fantastic, and an older M and P Microtwin that's amazing. Have you looked for something like that? How about the Inglesina twin Swift?

I haven't heard of any of those, thank you! Unfortunately even driving 7 hours to Phoenix isn't yielding any results except a twin techno for $115.

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
My SIL has clips which she uses to attach two umbrella strollers together and make them a double. It's not the best push in the world but it works in a pinch. I think she got them from One Step Ahead

ETA - These are them: http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-6550-Stroller-Connectors/dp/B000056J23

Or if you can justify being $80 over budget: http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-2011-city-mini-double-in-orange-gray.html

todzwife
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
The swift looks perfect but I can't find on in stock anywhere.

strollerqueen
08-02-2012, 01:31 PM
If you Google Inglesina Twin Swift, there are several FS online.

bisous
08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
todzwife, you know what I would honestly do? I would bring your b-ready!

I know you don't want it stolen, but the way I figure is that you are taking a financial gamble to bring it and possibly lose it at the park. Right now, B-ready in doubles modes are going for around $400 right? If it is stolen, you'll be out $400.

On the other hand, if you buy a stroller that costs $250 you'll DEFINITELY be out that money, plus you'll have to store a stroller you don't really want. So it is the (imo) slim possibility of being out $400 or the definite possibility of being out $250.

If you bring your b-ready you'll have all the features you love including push and storage, a great place for both of your kids and you already have it so no storage or stress!

FWIW, I live in So Cal and have a Silver Gate Pass to Disney. I don't personally know anyone who has had a stroller stolen. Also, I don't think that the thieves would recognize the value of the b-ready--they're probably gunning for Bugaboo or even Bob.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I'd ad my 2 cents!

Have SO much fun regardless!

rileysmom
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.babyage.com/strollers/inglesina-twin-swift-double-stroller/ah84c0rbsus.htm?cp=bing90580&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_campaign=90580#. here is the inglesina for $179, and if you sign up for their mailing list you save an extra $10. :)

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
todzwife, you know what I would honestly do? I would bring your b-ready!

I know you don't want it stolen, but the way I figure is that you are taking a financial gamble to bring it and possibly lose it at the park. Right now, B-ready in doubles modes are going for around $400 right? If it is stolen, you'll be out $400.

On the other hand, if you buy a stroller that costs $250 you'll DEFINITELY be out that money, plus you'll have to store a stroller you don't really want. So it is the (imo) slim possibility of being out $400 or the definite possibility of being out $250.

If you bring your b-ready you'll have all the features you love including push and storage, a great place for both of your kids and you already have it so no storage or stress!

FWIW, I live in So Cal and have a Silver Gate Pass to Disney. I don't personally know anyone who has had a stroller stolen. Also, I don't think that the thieves would recognize the value of the b-ready--they're probably gunning for Bugaboo or even Bob.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I'd ad my 2 cents!

Have SO much fun regardless!

I think Bisous makes a really good point here.

todzwife
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Thank you everyone! If I sell my fast fold I'll get the twin swift. Stroller queen, would this be a bad stroller with a 48 pound kid in 1 seat?

And I'd live to bring the b-ready but dh is hesitant...maybe between now and when we leave he will change his mind.

trickyhop
08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
BJCMD on sale for 329 just posted a thread
http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-2011-city-mini-double-in-orange-gray.html

im sure you could sell for pretty close to what you paid since these are so popular. just another option.