PDA

View Full Version : Costco: Kids Picnic Table $30 (ymmv)

wellyes
07-30-2012, 03:24 PM
At our Costco, this folding picnic table was on sale for $29.97
I was able to open and close the floor model very easily. It's only about 20 lbs. It says for ages 3-8. My 2 year old can sit in it but his feet dangle. I think it'd be a little small for an 8 year old. Seats 4.

It says "For Outdoor Use Only" which I don't get. I plan to use it in the playroom for painting and crafts, since it's very stain resistant!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11490466
http://www.amazon.com/LifeTime-280094-Lifetime-Picnic-Table/dp/B002ZWUZ24

sewarsh
07-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I bought it for $50 a couple of weeks ago, so good for you. Its a nice table and won't splinter like the 2 wooden ones i have. my only gripe is that theres no hole in the middle for an umbrella.

ourbabygirl
07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
We have this table, too. I would definitely think it would be too small for an 8 year old. I have a 1 yo and a 3 yo and my 3 yo DD is super tall and the table is bordering on small for her, but it's a nice table. :) I like how neutral it is.

creativelightbulb
07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I bought two of these a few weeks ago at the sale price...I think they will be great activity tables and will work well for parties too...

ckso
07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
How do these compare to the little tykes or step 2 in terms of what's age appropriate? Will these last longer??

I do like the idea of using it for parties considering the cost of renting toddler size tables and chairs

belovedgandp
07-30-2012, 06:56 PM
It was only down to $35 at my store, but I still bought it.

I have the rectangular one from past years and have used it to death. I bought a Little Tykes one four years ago. It was the smaller size one and it is OK, but definitely only for smaller kids and really not that great.

The rectangular one I've had for three years that is the same design as this oval one and I love it. It folds so flat that I've thrown it in the van to take all sorts of places. It is usually in our garage as a play-doh and picnic table. But I do bring it inside also. I take it to my Mom's house when we do big holiday meals.

My 8YO is 95% and still sits at it. Not the easiest but it is doable.

happymom
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow, that looks great. I have to check our Costco tomorrow. How compactly does it fold? Not planning to put in my car, but just wondering how much space it would take up on our deck when folded. Also, does it really only seat 4, or could 6 small kids (3 yr olds) squish in?

wellyes
07-30-2012, 08:55 PM
It folds to about 2.5 inches flat. Pretty darn flat. I was able to fit it into the trunk of my sedan (Malibu Maxx, car that has an enlarged backseat & therefore a smaller than usual trunk) along with my BJCMD.

It could very easily fit 6 3-year-olds.

How do these compare to the little tykes or step 2 in terms of what's age appropriate? Will these last longer??

If you mean last longer as in be useful for older kids, I dunno. But if you mean how durable is it, I do like that it's a white-ish color vs the more colorful options, since both Little Tykes and Step2 outdoor toys do fade in the sun over time.

happymom
07-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow, that IS flat! I really hope I can grab one of these tomorrow morning. Thanks so much for posting.

prego08
07-31-2012, 03:09 AM
That's a great deal! This is a seasonal item and our Costco has been out of it for weeks. We got it at the beginning of summer for $50 and have gotten so much use out of it. We use it when our friends' kids come over for dinner...saves so many seats at the adult table with all the kids sitting at their own table. It usually just stays in the garage, folded flat and propped against the wall so we can easily throw it in our van when needed. 6 kids can easily fit, although it was a little tight with a 9 year old, a 6 year old, two 3 year olds, and two 2 year olds, but it worked.

3emm
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Anyone know the item #? I would like one
But my nearest Costco doesn't have it. I would
Like to check others near me.
By the way does Costco have an online inventory
Check or do I just have to call?
Thanks in advance !

♥ms.pacman♥
08-02-2012, 02:15 PM
wow, that is a pretty good deal. will have to check costco out, thanks for posting!!

Tinochka
08-02-2012, 02:19 PM
What is the item number? I went to mine and found only oval one (tons), but I don’t like the size of it. I would like to find rectangular one.

AnnieW625
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
It says "For Outdoor Use Only" which I don't get. I plan to use it in the playroom for painting and crafts, since it's very stain resistant!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11490466
http://www.amazon.com/LifeTime-280094-Lifetime-Picnic-Table/dp/B002ZWUZ24

Probably so they don't get claims that it scratched someone's wood floors because it looks like it is all metal on the bottom.

belovedgandp
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
My receipt has "kids table" 936286

I haven't seen the rectangular one at all this season. I now have both shapes and the rectangle feels like it is more surface area, but the oval is easier for more rear ends on the benches if that makes sense. Although I have put a kid folding chair at the end of the rectangle one and that would be harder with the oval.

new_mommy25
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
We bought this table several years ago and it's excellent quality!! I'm going to see if my Costco has anymore at this price because I'd love a back up. They're great for birthday parties, camping, etc.

FTMLuc
08-03-2012, 09:41 AM
At our Costco, this folding picnic table was on sale for $29.97
[/URL]

wellyes, I just saw this from 3 days ago. Were there a lot of these left? I am wondering if its worth a trip there after work to see if I can pick one up. TIA.

wellyes
08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
PMing you

mimi2008
08-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I only saw the oval ones at my costco. are the oval ones on sale for $30 too? they were $50 earlier and I wanted to get one but hubby said no. i think for $30, I could convince him that we "need" one. :)

i'm tired of bringing the kids table/ chairs in and out of the house.

LAMom
08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Where is everyone finding them? I went to two Costcos (LA) and did not see them. Are they out front, in the back? Thanks!

jjordan
08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
We love our Lifetime kids picnic table. It works well for our 6 year old, and I don't see her outgrowing it any time too soon (she is average-sized).